• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

PPL on Ebay make me laugh

Wabbit

I guess I am in a moaning mood today :D

People on Ebay make me laugh!!! Was havin a browse around on Ebay. I found a book I wanted.

First book: Start bid is £1.00 GREAT! Postage and packing ( 200 page book ) is £2.00!! OK, it's still cheap but that's not the point. I refuse to bid on that. There is NO DAMN WAY that costs £2.00 to send via post! More like 80p or maybe £1.00. I hate it when people try to pad out the price of the book with the postage and packing. I find it really dishonest!!! They do it all the time too.

Second book ( same book as first ): Start bid £3.99 with £1.50 p and p. HA bloody HA HA!!! Why don't I just go Amazon and pay the same with less p and p and get a NEW book in placed of a used book wich has scuffing on the cover and slight yellowing of pages. What a joke! People are stupid :mad:

I feel so much better :D

Regards
SillyWabbit

Have you tried Half.com? I know they have a flat fee for shipping as well, and although it is rather high (I want to say somewhere around $2.00), many times you can get a book for $.50 or $.75 + shipping. I found that even with the gouge for shipping the books are cheaper than buying them for 1/2 the sticker price from a used bookstore. And, if you bide your time, many times Half.com will run a shipping special where you can get a discount on shipping by placing large orders (once I paid a little over $75 for 50 books that way! :eek: )

Have heard a lot of good things about half.com and sounds wonderful. Problem is that I live in the U.K :)

Regards
SillyWabbit

SillyWabbit said:
Have heard a lot of good things about half.com and sounds wonderful. Problem is that I live in the U.K :)

Regards
SillyWabbit
Oh, sorry! I didn't realize they didn't have a UK based site as well. :eek: That's very odd though since it's a subdivision of E-bay.

£2 on p&p seems reasonable to me- have you tried to send a book through the post. It's not like a DVD with negligible weight

£2.00 for pnp is way over!!!!!!! Do you ever order from Ebay? Do you actually look at how much it costs to post? I do :D Last time I got a 450ish page paper back novel and it cost about £1.10. This novel is half that size, will cost them 80 pence MAX.

Regards
SillyWabbit

They're also dicks.

Cheers, Martin
Prophet.gif

Did you have a bad time on holiday??

You seem to be swearing in every post since you got back!! :D

Phil

Are they not changing the rules here (england :)) so that postage prices will be determined by the size rather than the weight of the package...? Or did they already change it and that's another thing that's passed me by?

Tralalalala

I have no idea, but you can bet it will be more expensive. Nothing ever gets cheaper, especially in good ol U.K ( second most expensive place on the planet and number 1 shit hole )

Regards
SillyWabbit

Right. Come to holland, you nag. When I stopped for gas in Greece, for my rented car, I payed 83 eurocents a litre - in Holland that's 1.29 euro.

Now that's expensive!

And don't even get me started on CD's!!

Cheers, Martin
Prophet.gif

SillyWabbit said:
I have no idea, but you can bet it will be more expensive. Nothing ever gets cheaper, especially in good ol U.K ( second most expensive place on the planet and number 1 shit hole )

Regards
SillyWabbit

That I agree with :(

lol dont get ME started

Can't be bothered but just quickly from top of my head

U.K
Remember all those football thugs? Well... THEY LIVE HERE ... ALL THE TIME.
We have the WORST violent crime rate in Europe
We have the highest rate of teenage preggers
We are the second most expensive place IN THE WORLD! We even have to pay JUST to watch T.V oh and ontop of stupidly high house payments we also have to pay a TAX just to live here which is another 90 euros just for my shitty one bedroom council flat.
It's fithly here. People constantly spit in the street. People drop litter EVERYWHERE. The pavement is full of gum and trash and graphitti
People are RUDE and cold and ignorant
The trains are fucked and never run on time. They also are the most expensive train network in the world. IT was worked out by national paper that you can fly to the moon cheaper than ride the underground network. Was also worked out by a national paper that it is SO expensive to go by train to scotland that it is actually cheaper to buy a used car and drive the damn thing there
Our underground network and trains are FITHY and they stink. They also have no air condiontal units. Cattle actually travel better than we do.
Again, people are rude.
We have no cafe culture like the rest of Europe. All people do in the U.K is work and go home. IF they are not doing that they are out to get pissed.

DONT even get my started!!!! :D

Regards
SillyWabbit

Update on the ebay thing!

Did a search for the book I was looking for! I found it with post and packing of just £1.00 I REST MY CASE :D

Regards
SillyWabbit

Freya said:
Are they not changing the rules here (england :)) so that postage prices will be determined by the size rather than the weight of the package...? Or did they already change it and that's another thing that's passed me by?

Tralalalala

I believe this! (Here in the US too) I ordered a framed print from allposters.com. It was 16X16 in its completed size. When it arrived it was in a box 48X42! I was shocked to see the empty and unnecessary space. So, I checked the packing label -- which said the shipping was by volume, not weight. :rolleyes:

:( I like England. I tell you what the problem is, you live down South. London is a hell-hole I totally agree. But up here people are quite friendly... :) Like people chatting to you in the street/on the bus/in the shop/wherever really :/

On the plus side of the postage thing, you can now send really heavy but small things... like rocks... cheaper - whoo, see there's an advantage to everything :)

Hmmm and I'm sure Virgin do a £20 ticket to Edinburgh from London if you eally want to go - or fly!

Yeah, virgin do a cheap ticket but you have to book way in advance. the test was with someobody just walking in an ordering a ticket :)

Yes, London is a LOT worse than the rest of the country but I still stand by what I think :) The whole damn country is a hell hole.

Regards
SillyWabbit

PS: Where ARE you in England Freya??? Is it a very small town? Is it posh? I refuse to believe any largish working class area of London is "nice" in any way shape or form.

Back