• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Problems logging in

Sitaram

kickbox
Yesterday, for the first time from work, I tried repeatedly to log in, but could not. I am posting this from home, where apparently a cookie keeps me logged in indefinitely.

I had wondered, yesterday, whether I were somehow persona non grata because of my "Palm Pilot Adventures" post. Then, I navigated to that post, and saw it intact.

So, perhaps there is some technical problem with the forum. Why should I be unable to log in from work?

Just thought I would make some mention of this unusual situation.

P.S.

Special greetings to SFG75

and what is Peder up to these days? I must take a peek.

I don't have trouble logging in,....but all of a sudden I'm running script errors or something...gonna have to look into that eventually....

I don't have trouble logging in,....but all of a sudden I'm running script errors or something...gonna have to look into that eventually....

I think I'm getting the same thing. On the bottom left hand side of the page it says 'Done but with errors on the page'. Seems to be going alright tho'.

Sitaram, welcome back. How nice to see you again.

I have also had trouble at work since our new machines showed up. I'm not there often anymore, so I have not bothered with figuring out why. You are certainly not "persona non grata", so it must be something else!

I understand that multiple accounts are not allowed

I wanted to see if I could log in from work by registering a new account, and sure enough, I was able to log in as Sitaramatwork, and post. I then logged out, and tried logging back in, and could not log back in.

So, I am convinced that it is not simply a cookie problem, otherwise, why would I successfully be able to JOIN as a new member, and post, but not be able to log back in?

And, I feel certain that if I were to log out at home, I would not be able to log in again. So, is there some special email address to write to if that happens? Thanks!

P.S., at work I need to log in to many different kinds of forums for various kinds of tech support. This is the only forum where I experience a problem.

Are you using Internet Explorer, Dogmatix?

If so, it's probably just that that piece of crap can't render a bit of JavaScript. It won't affect your forum experience.

Move to Firefox. Much better. ;)

I am using Firefox

I only try Explorer when I cant make something work in Firefox.

I use your new format. I have never bothered to try to get the old format back.

Where should I email if I should lose all contact with the forum?

Thanks!

Various people have privately given me some good advice, such as joining the official vbulletin forum, to inquire about bugs and fixes, and to experiment with other browsers such as Opera and Netscape.

I shall keep everyone posted regarding my experiments and adventures.

I do think it most curious and odd that I was able to SIGN UP and join from work, under a different SITARAMATWORK id, and remain logged in, and even post a message, yet, once I intentionally logged out, and tried to log back in, I encountered the same problem.

I would imagine that were it a bug on my machine, or an issue with cookies, then I would not be able to log in even as a new member join. N'est pas?

Yesterday, I did try logging in at the OTHER computer in the office, but without success. It was worth a try. My next experiment will be to download Netscape, and try yet another browser.

Today, at work, I downloaded Netscape, and tried logging in with that browser, but no luck. This weekend I will try logging in on my stepson's computer. He just got cable modem. So that will be a different computer and a different provider. This is not a big problem for me, but has got me curious, and I feel I should post my experiments, in case there is actually some bug which people should know about.

Back