• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Questions Regarding Your Reading...

-Carlos-

How many pages (in a novel) can you read- in one 2 to 3 hour sitting?

100 pages?
200 pages?
300 pages?
400 pages?
500 or more pages?

Also, what is your WPM (words per minute) reading rate?

I'm not sure, about wpm, but I average a page a minute. But I would have to suppose it depends on the author as well. Some demand constant rereading. Or if not constant, at least time to time.

Hell's Bells Aqua, I have lights jangling before my eyes, a nervous twitch over my right eye and can feel a migraine coming on. :eek: Just kidding, but that's pretty wierd. First count 306 and my second one did improve to 347. I don't really want to read any faster because I like to enjoy what I'm reading and find I start to lose too much of the meaning if I rush too much. Would be really handy if you were studying though.

My first was 545 wpm, and the second 568 wpm. It really depends on font size and such, but on average I would read about 250 pages in 2-3 hours.

I read novels much faster than nonfiction. With nonfiction, I'm always stopping to think, or check footnotes, or distract my poor husband with "Listen to this."

But when I really get going, it's about 400 words a minute. I think anywhere from 150 to 300 pages is good for one sitting.

In a 2-3 hour sitting, I'd say I can read anywhere from 150-200 pages, depending on the novel. And my pre-test wpm was 302 wpm, and my post-test was 338 wpm. That was a cool lil demo test - thanks for sharing!

D

According to that, my reading speed rose from 560 wpm to a frankly unbelievable 734 wpm after the exercises! :eek:

Look like I'm going to have to take that test and drag the average 'way down. I'm pretty sure that I don't do any better than a page a minute.
I'll let ya know,
Later :)
Peder

Read 14 pages of Red Mars over lunch in 14 mins.
1 page per minute, like always.

That's my reading speed no matter what that dang test says!

Pretest 262,
Postest 343
And then it dares ask me to think what my speed could be if I used their program!
Just think what my numbers might be if half the words and symbols weren't off my screen half the time, and I didn't have to spend time scrolling to find where the selections began, and if it would respond to my up and down arrows, and I did not need to reposition the screens using my cursor with the slide bars, all while the clock is running.
Just think how much I'm not interested in their product! :mad:
Peder

Peder said:
Read 14 pages of Red Mars over lunch in 14 mins.
1 page per minute, like always.

That's my reading speed no matter what that dang test says!

Pretest 262,
Postest 343
And then it dares ask me to think what my speed could be if I used their program!
Just think what my numbers might be if half the words and symbols weren't off my screen half the time, and I didn't have to spend time scrolling to find where the selections began, and if it would respond to my up and down arrows, and I did not need to reposition the screens using my cursor with the slide bars, all while the clock is running.
Just think how much I'm not interested in their product! :mad:
Peder

Sure......you're reading level in reading Dick and Jane, not Humbert and Lo.:p

I started with a speed of 330 and finished with 405. I thought the excercises were a little crazy and confusing. :p

I don't usually try for speed when I'm reading a book. I like to take my time with some books so I can fully understand what is happening and remember details more. I have been able to read 200-250 pages in one sitting, though I'm not sure how long that one sitting lasted...

I clocked in at about 350 words per minute.

The speed with which I read generally depends on how interested I am in the book. I am a bit of a slow reader with most books mainly because I truly try to absorb the details and remember them well. In an hour, depending on font size, I will do about 60-80 pages.

I was timed at 312 words per minute but I didn't comprehend what I read and found myself trying to "hurry up". I didn't do the exercise or take the second test. I have no interest in speed.

SFG75 said:
Sure......you're reading level in reading Dick and Jane, not Humbert and Lo.:p
You got it! Humbert and Lo I really go for the details :rolleyes:
Minutes per page, not pages per minute :cool: :)

:confused: I’d say it depends on the book and it also depends in my mood....the test is good but I can't say it's very reliable...:( the results have nothing to do with the reality....:(

pre test 341
post test 572:eek:

Back