• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Questions

DontGoAway17

I wasn't sure where to ask these...

How exactly do you create polls? I can see the box at the bottom asking whether you want to Post one, but where do you add the options etc.)

I have just noticed you can't edit your posts, or at least i think you can't, am I wrong?

:confused:

DontGoAway17 said:
How exactly do you create polls? I can see the box at the bottom asking whether you want to Post one, but where do you add the options etc.)
You create your thread and check the 'create poll' box. Enter a number for the amount of options and click 'submit', and on the following page, you will be able to enter your poll question and options, and other criteria for it.

I have just noticed you can't edit your posts, or at least i think you can't, am I wrong?
You can edit your posts for fifteen minutes, after which you won't be able to. I don't know why this is, but vaguely remember reading somewhere that it's to prevent arguments breaking out, and members editing the offending posts.

DontGoAway17 said:
I wasn't sure where to ask these...

:confused:

You have to check "create poll" before you click submit. It causes a bit of angst as it feels odd to send the post before the poll, but the poll will pop up right after you click it-I promise. If not, just PM a mod to clean up the wreck left behind you.:) I've done that a number of times.:p

Back