• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Quick Question

Yes or No

• Yes

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters
I don't like the term 'religious', but I am a Christian and I have read Da Vinci Code. I don't plan to spend my money to see the movie though.

Da Vinci is more fantasy/speculation then fact, therefore I would probably give it a read for fun. :)

Make no bones about it, DVC is fiction. It should have no impact on your religious beliefs. If it does, then they certainly weren't too strong in the first place. Whether or not you should read it depends on what you like to read, and if you will be put off by the long list of complaints many have against the book (formulaic writing, mediocre and unoriginal plot, poor execution, etc). If those things don't bother you, go for it. My advice, get it from the library. I personally don't think it is worth paying for.

mehastings said:
Make no bones about it, DVC is fiction. It should have no impact on your religious beliefs. If it does, then they certainly weren't too strong in the first place. Whether or not you should read it depends on what you like to read, and if you will be put off by the long list of complaints many have against the book (formulaic writing, mediocre and unoriginal plot, poor execution, etc). If those things don't bother you, go for it. My advice, get it from the library. I personally don't think it is worth paying for.

Well said Meg:)

Back