• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Quiz question!!!!

Stewart said:
Okay, here's one: what's the official language of the United States?
Trick question, and there isn't one?

Edit: Has California changed it's to Klingon. It's just the sort of thing they'd do.

The founding fathers felt that their enterprise was of such Biblical significance, they briefly considered making the official language of the new country Hebrew.

Stewart said:
Yeah, it doesn't have one. It's left to the individual states to decide.
Where does it say that? I've read before that there are two official languages - English and Spanish... but I thought that was bull given that, to my knowledge, the Government doesn't have to provide bilingual services. Now Canada's bilingual to the point of being ridiculous.

Kookamoor said:
Where does it say that? I've read before that there are two official languages - English and Spanish... but I thought that was bull given that, to my knowledge, the Government doesn't have to provide bilingual services. Now Canada's bilingual to the point of being ridiculous.

He's right. We don't have an official language. There are many people here who are Spanish speaking only, and honestly, they suffer for it. It isn't only spanish though. There are people here who speak French, Russian, and any number of other languages. While english is NOT an official language, many people are resentful of those who don't speak it.

Back