• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

R.I.P. Neil Armstrong

Wanna know a funny? This story is a year old! I didn't realize it til a friend on facebook pointed it out. My husband jokes about one of the perks of aging being we can reread the same books since we forget the plotlines anyway; I guess that holds true for newstories as well. Still, It's good to remember one of the true heroes of our day. I know where I was when Neil Armstrong took the first steps on the moon, how about the rest of you?

I know it was. I thought you were celebrating the anniversary of his death (a few days late).

I wasn't here for the moon, but I do wish I had been. I think an Armstrong biography would be very interesting to read.

I wasn't here for the moon, but I do wish I had been. I think an Armstrong biography would be very interesting to read.

Yes, it probably would be a good read..I think I'll see if there is one, I bet Mr. Abc would read it if I can't get to it. He loves to watch documentaries about the space program. Lurvs it. There is a newer book about the astronauts' wives that sounds good..The Astronaut Wives Club.

I just finished, Packing For Mars, by Mary Roach, it had some good insight into what it would be like to train for and go into space. Roach is not for everyone but amusing.

I just finished, Packing For Mars, by Mary Roach, it had some good insight into what it would be like to train for and go into space. Roach is not for everyone but amusing.

Didn't she write a book about cadavers or something like that?

I would maybe look for her at the library, to see how you like her writing style. My husband doesn't care for it, I don't mind it too much because her topics are interesting.

Yes, it was called, Stiff-the curious lives of human cadavers :) it was the first book of hers I got a hold of.

I don't remember the name of the tv show or even the place.. but recently, there was a show that featured the Body Farm..and one of the 'experts' on that show used to be my neighbor..back when I was in Kindergarden and first grade, and he was a mere toddler. I loved going down there to visit his sister and their family, but it was always dangerous due to Danny's penchant for digging holes in the yard. Funny how he became a forensic paleontologist as an adult...you just never know how those early interests will pan out..

Sorry, Forensic Anthropologist!

Back