• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

rabbit proof fence

Depends... is the fence guarded by loud dogs? Seems to work at my house! :p

I've never even heard of the book. Who's it by and what's it about?

btw, Jarabe de palo rocks! ;)

dele said:
Depends... is the fence guarded by loud dogs? Seems to work at my house! :p

I've never even heard of the book. Who's it by and what's it about?

btw, Jarabe de palo rocks! ;)

its about an aboriginal family - 3 daughters - who were taken from their mother (the polciy in Aus at the time, early 1900's) - and who escaped care and walked the 1000s of miles back home following the rabbit proof fence. Its based on a true story...i think the author is doris pilkington...?

That sounds fascinating. I'll go look it up in the library, and if it isn't there, I'll put in on my list for Santa :D

My library has a book “Rabbit Proof Fence” by Doris Pilkington (Nugi Garimara), copyright 2002, New York : Hyperion. It was originally published as “Follow the rabbit-proof fence”, St. Lucia, Qld. : University of Queensland Press, 1996. The author is sometimes listed as Doris Pilkington Garimara.

So, yes, there is a book, or maybe two books, depending on how you count, but I haven't read it yet.

Back