• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Random Question..Keep posting

I like smileys as they can express emotions that can be difficult to express online.

Does the Authors ideas and views effect you enjoyment of there books or is the Author and the book separate?

I do prefer to not know too much about the author, although it affects me more with actors than authors. I simply can not watch actors whose personal lives are less than inspiring.

ditto.

Last edited:
I do prefer to not know too much about the author, although it affects me more with actors than authors. I simply can not watch actors whose personal lives are less than inspiring.

ditto.

I agree with the above entirely. It is often hard for me to disassociate the artist from the art.

Re-ditto

I think it can get annoying when you see the author "speaking" through the mouth of one of the characters, but I sometimes find it interesting to research some of the context behind the book/film. For example, Ian Fleming was involved in the Secret Service during the war, and used this experience to flavour his books (although he obviously did not to anything remotely like James Bond did).

Ditto again.

Yeah, don’t care what the author does/thinks/feels in real life; it’s the work that’s important.

Last time you were at a beach of any sort?

Sixteen years ago. Never again.

Why is house hunting so difficult?
For reasons of conscience. The house has no defenses. It just stands there and looks at you. It doesn't even try to hide or run away when you shoot it. Hunting a house can terribly affect one's conscience in later years.

Once more

For reasons of conscience. The house has no defenses. It just stands there and looks at you. It doesn't even try to hide or run away when you shoot it. Hunting a house can terribly affect one's conscience in later years.

Once more

LOL poor houses!!

So many, car alarms, shriek alarms, heavy bass car stereos, electric guitar feedback, the odd high pitched hum of my security cameras on the tv, I could probably name more if I thought about it longer.

What scents do you like best?

Back