• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Random Question..Keep posting

Autumn..nice reprieve from scorching Kansas summers. We often have nice weather well into late November. And sunrises and sunsets are often glorious.

Worst illness or injury you've ever experienced?

I had a severe gallbladder attack in June 2011. Not only did I have gallstones, but I had a nasty case of pancreatitis too. I was in the hospital almost a week. It will be a cold day in Hell before I crave jello or clear broth.

Do you have bouts of insomnia?

Comedic genius mixed with little bit of preachiness for the movie and first few seasons of the TV show but once Alan Alda started directing and stuff, it was still funny but it slapped you across the face with its overt preachiness.

Favorite way to deliver peaches (the fruit not the stripper) to your mouth?

I have 15 here in Germany but there are probably 25 or so in storage in the U.S.

Which non-fiction subject claims the highest number of books in your home?

He manages to simultaneously be both. It's a gift.

Have you supported any kickstarter projects and if so, which ones?

That sounds interesting. Can you link to the project?

My most dreadful holiday (Feiertag) was Christmas 2008 when my sister-in-law died of lung cancer. My most dreadful holiday (vacation/urlaub) was Delaware this October -- lost a package full of about $200 worth of goods.

Last song you listened to?

Well, right now I am listening to Mozart's 25th.

I don't think I shall ever eat again after this weekend. Am I alone?

I don't want to see a turkey for a few months.

You are hosting a Christmas party: put on a costume or no?

I would have enough trouble wrapping my head around me hosting a party so no to the costume.

What costume are you thinking of wearing?

Not anymore.

Sneezy: The only appropriate one, of course:

anewzealandbakerdreamer.files.wordpress.com_2010_12_bunny_suit_cs.jpg

The Germans don't do eggnog. What's up with that? (And no, Eierlikör is not the same thing)

(@sparkchaser: here's more about Hotel Noir!)

No wassail in Germany (interesting custom - I just read up on it. I only knew the song "Gloucestershire Wassail").

What's your favourite Christmas tradition?

Back