• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Random traffic

Originally posted by HBinjection
and I don't imagine she misses the cowboys very much.
Maybe she doesn't, but I sure do. I'm really not into westerns and stuff, but I sure do like them gunslingers. LOL.

Originally posted by Serene
One of the best (and sexiest) literary gunslingers: Roland in Stephen King's Dark Tower series.
That's the one! The only one, to be honest. :D

On the subject of diners--- If I owned one, instead of steel and formica, it would all be done in plexiglass, like this table and chair set. No curtains or window blinds, just natural light to refract into prisms. Practical? No.

I reckon that if you used that set in a diner, you, or at least your cleaning staff, would curse the revolting habbits of humans at the end of every day. But at least kids'd think twice before sticking chewing gum under the table.

No catfight, lies. Roland is just words on a page. We would be fighting for a part of Stephen King's mind. Or would we?
I think it's more a combination of his words and what we make of it in our own minds... So we'd be fighting windmills I guess.

Well that was fascinating :) Just what the heck happens if one of those sound waves hits us though?? Anyway, i thought sound couldnt travel through a vacuum like space? :confused:

I have always found it endlessly fascinating that human beings only use 20% (not to sure about the percentage though) of our brains.

Just thought I'd share that. Do with it what you like. :p

Cheers, Martin :D

That's a myth. We use only about twenty percent for cognitive thought. The rest of it does unimportant things like keeping us breathing, seeing, hearing, feeling, etc. The brain doesn't have a delete or wipe switch, so a very large part of it is used for data storage we call memory.

I accidentally clicked the "show printable version" button at the end of the page, and it gave me quite the scare. I'm still recuperating. *wipes sweat off forehead*

Back