• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Randy Pausch: The Last Lecture

SFG75

This was another goodwill purchase of mine. I have heard a lot about it and so I finally picked it up, wanting to see what all the hub-bub is about. I plan to start reading it tonight. Anyone else read this and if so, what did you think?

I read it, Scott, some time ago. Chilling when one considers Pausch's plight; uplifting when one considers his noble response to it, although sounding somewhat platitudinous toward the end. But, then again, the good things a person does can sound bland in this competitive world.
Hope you enjoy it.

I'm about half-way through the book now. I love how he tells a great story and then summarizes the point powerfully in the last paragraph. The story about having "grit" and his old school football coach was great to read. A lot of the information is what we "know" already, but that is unique to him as those situations are how he learned things. The under study who wanted to direct a Star Wars film and in the end, worked on the makings of THREE of them while no one thought another one would be made was another one that I really enjoyed. This one is definitely worth the praise and the print. On to reading.....

Good book. Reading this book make me think of a grandpa telling his grandson what is important in life and what is not before he passed away.

Back