• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Rant: What I hate

Sentinel

Just have ti get this off my chest. I really, positively HATE when reknowned (at least in their genre of writing) authors give away their name in order to help some sub-standard writers publish their copy-cat work in order to make themselves some more money.

Don't know what I mean? How about Tom Clancy's Power Play, Net Force, Op-Centre, Alistair MacLean's... and now Larry Bond's First Team. None of those written by the relative "masters" themselves. Maybe one or two original story-ideas, that's it.

I have bean a huge fan of Larry Bond for as long as his original books lasted but after we haven't heard from him in a couple of years, instead of finally blasting back with another high-tension technothriller of his own, he sells his name to push some mediocre writer into the limelight and to get himself some royalties.

Shame on you!

[Rant over]

That's it, get it off your chest! It's feels good to have a rant. I like to have a good rant, every once and in awhile, and it does you the world of good! :D

I know what you mean. They do it a lot with movies and TV shows. Said movie/T.V show will have a directors name on it. The guy has nothing to do with it really but has his name slapped on it! EG: Stephen King's Kingdom Hospital.

Regards
SillyWabbit

Michael Crichton with ER (he helped create it, but i dont think he does much on it now)

Dale Brown's Dreamland books, etc, etc.

Yes, it is an annoyance, especially as further books in the series are usually rather naff :(

Phil

SillyWabbit said:
It's feels good to have a rant. I like to have a good rant, every once and in awhile

:-D
That's it. BTW, slightly offtopic: Does anyone like (like me) "Dennis Miller Rants" (I think it's also available as book(s); I own one CD,treasure it...

"Now I don't want to get off on a rant here, but..."

Classic material.

Back