• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Rape

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cretin said:
How the hell would you know what every single teenage woman in the world wants? You have the opinion of one, not the entire population.

Your opinion is no better than man, no matter what you think. Sorry.
I am not one isolated woman on the planet who has never spoken to another woman on this planet. My opinion is better than yours because it is based on experience and knowledge, not lurid fantasy, rationalizations and wishful thinking.

namedujour said:
I am not one isolated woman on the planet who has never spoken to another woman on this planet. My opinion is better than yours because it is based on experience and knowledge, not lurid fantasy.
Hear, hear :D

MonkeyCatcher

namedujour said:
BTW, teenaged girls want attention
As do trolls. Cretin - I find it strange that you should join a book forum and immediately launch into a discussion on rape. Why don't you check out a few of the other threads, as discussion on books was obviously your reason for joining.

MonkeyCatcher said:
And again, it is every bit as probable that this girl was indeed raped. I don't think that it is ok at /all/ to call a girl who is claiming to have been raped an "attnetion-whore". People like you are the reason that so many girls stay silent about their rape.

If she was raped, then I consider her craven for not seeing Kobe behind bars. Rather, she gave up and let a rapist free to roam the world.

Frankly, do I don't give two shits about Kobe. And why should I give the person I believe to have raped this girl two shits? Even one shit would be more than he deserved, IMO.

How about because he has been convicted of nothing? Hello?

And also, you are implying that just Kobe was portrayed negatively in the media. Have you ever thought about the girl who was skinned alive not only by the media, but by every basketball fan in America (which basically means the whole male population). Poor Kobe, huh? I wonder how he coped.

I'm quite aware that both have had it rough with the media, and pity to whoever the abused party is. Whoever that could be, no one knows.

"The whole male population"? Please, this is just plain sexist here. Makes me want to disregard the entire post.

So saying "what teenage woman in /her right mind/ would turn down Kobe Bryant" was in no way implying that you thought that no normal woman ie a woman in her right mind, whould turn down Kobe? Again, this is extremely ignorant.

It wasn't a statement; it was a question. And perhaps it is somewhat ignorant as I don't know the answer to every question in the world.

As much as you would like to believe it, majority of women in the world are not dying to jump into bed with famous people. Most "normal" women would prefer to stay with something more meaningful ie a husband or long-term partner.

Most, maybe, but maybe not. Who really knows? I've found that many of women's deepest emotions and wants have been subterfuged by society, but they are down there, hidden somewhere. Women may just be more promiscuous than commonly thought, but that is not to say they are all whores who want to be raped. I believe the contrary, in fact.

If Kobe is guilty, damn him. If he isn't, damn her. Who's to say? No one now, really.

Ice said:
Why don't you check out a few of the other threads, as discussion on books was obviously your reason for joining.

Ice, I already did. Several in this forum and one or two in the fantasy/scifi.

namedujour said:
I am not one isolated woman on the planet who has never spoken to another woman on this planet. My opinion is better than yours because it is based on experience and knowledge, not lurid fantasy, rationalizations and wishful thinking.

YOUR OPINION IS BETTER THAN MINE? I think I have defended my side of the story well. WHY DON'T YOU ADMIT THAT YOUR OPINION IS JUST AS GOOD AS MINE? After all, they are what they are - just opinions.

Stewart said:
Allow me to tackle this one. Dick, I believe. :)
LOL. Well, that's your opinion anyways. I can respect that!

Cretin said:
If she was raped, then I consider her craven for not seeing Kobe behind bars. Rather, she gave up and let a rapist free to roam the world.
She "gave up" because of the constant pressure and abuse she was receiving. I believe that she should be awarded a medal for taking it as far as she did. If only there were other people like her in the world.

How about because he has been convicted of nothing? Hello?
IMO, he is still guilty. And so no shit he shall recieve.

"The whole male population"? Please, this is just plain sexist here. Makes me want to disregard the entire post.
Um, ever heard of a joke? I should have put [insert your smiley of choice] there. My bad.

It wasn't a statement; it was a question.
A rhetorical (sp?) question, which is as good as a statement.

Who really knows?
Me :D

MonkeyCatcher

Cretin said:
YOUR OPINION IS BETTER THAN MINE? I think I have defended my side of the story well. WHY DON'T YOU ADMIT THAT YOUR OPINION IS JUST AS GOOD AS MINE? After all, they are what they are - just opinions.
I'm not sure about /better/, but I believe that her opinion has more behind it, ie experience.

MonkeyCatcher

MonkeyCatcher said:
I'm not sure about /better/, but I believe that her opinion has more behind it, ie experience.

MonkeyCatcher

Well that's entirely unfounded and one-sided as well considering you don't know me in the least bit.

LOL. I'd like to call a ceasefire. Let bygones be bygones!

How about an apology for generalizing that all teenage women who are of sound mind would jump at the chance of sleeping with Kobe Bryant, or any other celebrity for that matter!?!

That's absolutely disgusting!

Cretin said:
Well that's entirely unfounded and one-sided as well considering you don't know me in the least bit.

LOL. I'd like to call a ceasefire. Let bygones be bygones!
Please enlighten us then, are you a teenage girl? Do you want to have sex with a famous person? And if so, why do you think everyone else does?

Cretin said:
Oh, excuse me, so you are a woman? You have felt pressure from a male for sex?

dele said:
How about an apology for generalizing that all teenage women who are of sound mind would jump at the chance of sleeping with Kobe Bryant, or any other celebrity for that matter!?!

That's absolutely disgusting!
Speak, sister :p

MonkeyCatcher

Alright, alright. Half of that I never even said. I was going to apologize but now you can just go to hell. I don't even know how I got into the general chat forum - I thought this was general book discussion for some reason.

You are calling me all irrational when I seem to be the only one here who sees both sides of the story. And just because you are a woman does not mean you know what every other woman wants.

If you want war you can have war.

It was in the general book discussion sub-forum, but it veered so far off course that a moderator (Ice presumably) moved it.

If I've been unfair, please tell me how. What exactly did you not say? I don't believe any of us said we speak for EVERY woman, just that's it's wrong for you to do so in such a sick way.

I think this part of the thread was split and placed in general chat.

I think you would have done Cobe a better defense had you not attacked the girl to do it. He may very well be innocent but we don't know and so why immediately smear the girl to make your point?

Cretin said:
now you can just go to hell.
It seems I misjudged you. You /are/ mature and understanding :rolleyes:

I don't even know how I got into the general chat forum - I thought this was general book discussion for some reason.
One of the admin moved it, I believe. Probably Ice?

You are calling me all irrational when I seem to be the only one here who sees both sides of the story.
I really don't see how you can state that. All I have seen from your posts is that you side with Kobe and believe the girl to be an "attention-whore".

And just because you are a woman does not mean you know what every other woman wants.
Nor was she stating that, but she is a lot closer, I believe, to being the voice of majority for woman than you are because she is female.

MonkeyCatcher

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back