• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Rape

Status
Not open for further replies.
For starters, this:

How about an apology for generalizing that all teenage women who are of sound mind would jump at the chance of sleeping with Kobe Bryant, or any other celebrity for that matter!?!

I never said. It's major hyberbole. Even if I did, it is just as wrong as saying the whole male population is basketball fans.

I barely even know what is going on in this thread any more it's so complex now. I just want the ceasefire! Bygones be bygones, etc. etc.

Please let me have my opinion. I let everyone else have theirs.

Cretin said:
I don't even know how I got into the general chat forum - I thought this was general book discussion for some reason.
As Dele pointed out - this conversation has veered so far off topic that the thread was split and the comments moved.

If you want war you can have war.
I suggest you read our Membership Agreement again which you agree to adhere to when you sign up.

Cretin said:
Even if I did, it is just as wrong as saying the whole male population is basketball fans.
A /joke/. You know, as in /not serious/.

Please let me have my opinion. I let everyone else have theirs.
Yes, but everyone else's isn't ignorant and piggish.

MonkeyCatcher

MonkeyCatcher said:
I really don't see how you can state that. All I have seen from your posts is that you side with Kobe and believe the girl to be an "attention-whore".

Have you read my past hundred posts when I was saying neither side can even be proven? Hello?

Have you seen Rush Hour 2 when Jackie Chan is like: "Do you understand tha words tha are coming out of my mouf?!"

and Tucker says: "I can't even understand what you just said!"

Well, this is a lot like that. LOL.

MonkeyCatcher said:
A /joke/. You know, as in /not serious/.

Oh, in that case, everything I said was dead serious accept that the female was an attention whore.

Yes, but everyone else's isn't ignorant and piggish.

Prove that my opinion is ignorant and piggish then. You can't. All you can do is drop names on me without any evidence.

Cretin said:
Have you read my past hundred posts when I was saying neither side can even be proven? Hello?
Yes I did read them, and I also read the posts in which you still staunchly side with Kobe.

MonkeyCatcher

Cretin said:
Oh, in that case, everything I said was dead serious accept that the female was an attention whore.
Yeah see the difference is that mine /actually was/. Sorry for not being subject to using a smiley at every possible time. I am fully aware that the entire male population does not enjoy basketball, and to think so is almost as ignorant as thinking that no woman in her right mind would turn down Kobe ;) (see a smiley.. a joke...)

Prove that my opinion is ignorant and piggish then.
I believe that has already been done time and time again

MonkeyCatcher

We're flogging a sick and dying horse. I nominate this thread be closed before blood starts to spill.

MonkeyCatcher said:
I believe that has already been done time and time again

Some people are so pious that you can tell them fact after fact and they still can't comprehend the truth of a matter.

Hey, I've said countless times that, one way or another, no one can prove anything here. I was just trying to represent one argument, which I probably overdid, but I am actually neutral towards the subject as a whole.

However, I don't think Kobe did it. I'd say 60% chance he didn't, 40% he did. But that's just my opinion.

The argument has nothing to do with Kobe. It has to do with your statements that generalized and degraded the entire female population.

And until this day, I never considered myself a feminist! I always thought it was all a bunch of rot. Now I see why women are so adamant!

Well, MonkeyCatcher, jokingly or not, has degraded men in the exact same way by saying all of us are basketball fans. Then she later claims the statement to be a joke? Joke or not - not all men are basketball fans!

Stop the generalization of men, you cretins.

And I only generalized one woman, while questioning the others.

I think you are going to have to agree to disagree. This thread is now closed. Please refrain from starting a new topic on this contentious issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back