• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Raymond E Feist and S M Stirling: Jimmy The Hand

Carlos

Jimmy The Hand by Raymond E Feist and S M Stirling.

Been reading it for a few days, and it's trotting along nicely. They are just about to get to the village (not a spoiler as it's on the back cover).

I've read all the riftwar series plus the lengends, of which this is the third. I really enjoyed Honured Enemy, and I am hoping this one turns out to be a ripper as well. Steve Stirling is a not so main stream writer but has huge talent, mainly knon for his alternative history. I'll let you know how it goes, although I am a 1 chapter a night fall a sleep reader at the moment, due to the expansion of the family. :)

Edit: I bought this second hand for AUS$10 and it's a hardback, perfect condition, a real steal.

I have Honoured Enemy, but i havnt got to it yet as im working my way through the Serpentwar Saga at the moment - will get around to Murder in LaMut & Jimmy the Hand eventually i guess!! :)

Phil

Well I am 3/4's of the way through and the story is OK but it does not grab me, Honoured Enemy was much better. Chapters feel like they have been thrown in, instead of a story put together.

I'll put it down for a week to 10 days while I am at work and read something else as hard back books weigh too much to carry around. When I pick it up again it might improve. Maybe I am reading it too slowly?

I recently read 'Faerie Tale' by Feist and would definately recommend it. The blurb of the back is:

'A contemporary fantasy novel about the Hastings family who move from California to upstate New York into a ramshackle, old house in a deep wood and become involved in ancient, Celtic magic and occult horror when they are lured into the world of some luminous elfin beings.'

It is a change of style for him, i.e. it is not 'fantasy' in the traditional sense but the writing is excellent and the story gets you hooked pretty much from page 1.

I have read this book but it was long ago. I remember that I really loved it :) I can recommend it also.

Regards
SillyWabbit

Finally finished it. OK but not the best really. If you were really stuck for something to read I would suggest it. However there are better books out there

Back