• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Raymond E. Feist's Riftwar Adaptation

Again, a very good picture, Just as I pictured him, do you hve any Tsurani pictures?; It would be good to see another impression of them than my own.

Re:

I'm happy you like Dolgan, I think we can work on the pipe and make it a little longer ;) I'll see what I can dig up for the Tsurani :)

In the meantime for those of you who are not able to get copies of Magician Apprentice when it comes out next week, either because your comic stores sell out or because you are overseas, you can buy it here
http://dbprostore.com/catalog/index.php

Companies seem to be doing alot of these, lately. I know that Dragonlance and Drizzt were also done. I wonder what is really better though, the pictures they provide or our own minds?

Re:

You brought up a really good point Thaibebop my friend, many people are used to picturing characters as they read a book and they don't want to ruin the picture they have in their mind. Me, I'm the opposite, I have a very hard time picturing anything in my mind as I read, although that doesn't stop me from reading, as I'm a lover of books. My little brother Jonathan (13 years old) did not like to read. I tried very hard to get him into reading George R.R. Martin but that didn't work much. But when I licensed out The Hedge Knight, which is the prequel to A Song of Ice and Fire and adapted it to the Graphic Medium, Jonathan read the whole thing and he told me that he will read any fantasy/scifi that I want him to as long as it is in the graphic medium. Anything we can do to encourage people to read, we will do :D I pray that God will help me to allow a lot of people to read these wonderful stories ;)

The_Khan said:
You brought up a really good point Thaibebop my friend, many people are used to picturing characters as they read a book and they don't want to ruin the picture they have in their mind. Me, I'm the opposite, I have a very hard time picturing anything in my mind as I read, although that doesn't stop me from reading, as I'm a lover of books. My little brother Jonathan (13 years old) did not like to read. I tried very hard to get him into reading George R.R. Martin but that didn't work much. But when I licensed out The Hedge Knight, which is the prequel to A Song of Ice and Fire and adapted it to the Graphic Medium, Jonathan read the whole thing and he told me that he will read any fantasy/scifi that I want him to as long as it is in the graphic medium. Anything we can do to encourage people to read, we will do :D I pray that God will help me to allow a lot of people to read these wonderful stories ;)
I am glad that they will be read no matter what form. I will say that I was a little disappointed with the DragonLance art, however, I like they did a better job with Drizzt in the comic book than the book art, except The Hunter's Blades. Martin is an awsome writer. I have been hook since the first chapter in Game of Thrones. I hope you get your little brother to read that one!!

Re:

You are right, Thaibebop my friend, they will be read no matter what form and they should be. Oh, we used to do Dragonlance: The Legend of Huma awhile back, here is a little something below for you to enjoy :) We are not doing Drizzt, but we are doing Salvatore's The Highwayman and another one and the artwork is AWESOME. I'll be sure to share it with you once it is made public. You bet, I will do everything in my power to encourage my little brother to read A Game of Thrones ;)

DL03.JPG

The_Khan said:
You are right, Thaibebop my friend, they will be read no matter what form and they should be. Oh, we used to do Dragonlance: The Legend of Huma awhile back, here is a little something below for you to enjoy :) We are not doing Drizzt, but we are doing Salvatore's The Highwayman and another one and the artwork is AWESOME. I'll be sure to share it with you once it is made public. You bet, I will do everything in my power to encourage my little brother to read A Game of Thrones ;)

DL03.JPG
Sweet, cool picture, thanks for sharing. Have you seen the book that contains all the art of The Song of Ice and Fire? Very good, indeed.

Re:

You're welcome, I'm happy you like it :) Yes, I've seen the cover of that book, but I've never gone through it. Have you ever read the Silmarillion? I really enjoy some of the pictures in that book :)

The_Khan said:
You're welcome, I'm happy you like it :) Yes, I've seen the cover of that book, but I've never gone through it. Have you ever read the Silmarillion? I really enjoy some of the pictures in that book :)
Oh yes. I grew up on J.R.R.T. He was my bedtime story for years.:)

ok go to www.toddlockwood.com and go to the galleries.
then go to the second page and he is on the bottem row, second from the left and you can see the entire cover with some focus shots of him and the lady in the stagecoach.

Re:

Thank you Vorian for the link and for the instructions on how the get the Highwayman book cover art, I really appreciate it :)

Back