• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Re-reading-to do it, or not to do it

I re-read a lot. I go through phases where I re-read a book every summer, like Chronicles of Narnia, The Scarlet Pimpernel, and Pride and Prejudice. For me, there is always something new because I'm a different person every time I read something. What I discovered in the Chronicles of Narnia the first time I read them was simple and beautiful. Now I find the deeper meanings and symbolism because I'm a different person, with different experiences and background. I just love books, and I love them more than one read will satisfy in a lot of cases.

I do agree that it depends on the book. I feel no desire to read Da Vinci Code again or some of the other adventure or thriller books that are just for entertainment. But even some of these I'll go back and read the 'best parts' version again for the entertainment value.

Back