• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Reading Camp

Seriously, I have seen "boot camps" for Visual Basic programmers. There are camps or retreats or workshops for aspiring writers. There is a monthly magazine for writers which advertises such camps or workshops.

In a sense, my four years at St. John's "Great Books" program was a very long reading camp for the so-called hundred great books.

MobiusX said:
How many here have been to a reading camp? How old were you when you went? How much did you or your parents paid? How was it? I've never been to one, but I wish I did because right now, I can't even concentrate in my reading. Actually, I do not even read anymore. What can a 21 year old male do now? I mean, I don't think they have reading camps for people my age or even reading clubs. Do I sound stupid?

I'm not aware of any program like that. You could perhaps take a few study skills/reading courses through your local college or university. It's something at least worth looking into.

I've never been to a book camp. My parents said I went to school and didn't know how to read, and I came back that day and could read fine. Supposedly I knew all my ABC's (and could recognize them) at 18 months. I know for sure I was reading chapter books by first grade. I guess I never needed them because I was always motivated, and it sounds like you lack the motivation to read. As people above mentioned, you need to find something you're really interested in.

Back