• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Reading Habits

phoenixgirl57

hey everyone im new here and im doing a survey on different peoples reading habits... so could you guys help me out and fill this in? thanx
Name:

Why is it your favourite?

How often do you read and why?

What genre of books do you enjoy reading the most?

Why?

Who is your favourite author?

Why are they your favourite?

When and where do you like to read?

Why?

On a scale of 1-10 how much do you enjoy reading?

Name: Simon
What is your favourite book?
Misery by Stephen King

Kept me reading all through the night, VERY scary, really felt for the main character, also made me cry.

I read a little bit of my book every day, unless I'm really busy. I read because I find it interesting, can't really explain it.

Horror and Science Fiction

Why?
Because I read them the most and find the storylines the most interesting.

H.G Wells

'Coz he had an amazing writing style. His books always have hidden messages in them and he was ahead of his time.

In my bedroom, any time of day.

Why?
'Coz it's private and I don't get disturbed.

phoenixgirl57 said:
hey everyone im new here and im doing a survey on different peoples reading habits... so could you guys help me out and fill this in? thanx
Name: D

The Hitch-hikers Guide to the Galaxy Trilogy

Never ceases to make me laugh even after I've read it about 10 times

A lot because I enjoy it. Sometimes I read about four books a week.

Probably Fantasy but apart from Harry Potter my recent reading hasn't been.

Why?

Pure Escapism

Douglas Adams

He didn't write much but what he did write was great.

Usually lying on my bed but when just depends on how lost I get in the book

Why?

It's comfy

If 10 is a lot then 10

Hope that helps pheonix.

Name: Jacinta

The Hobbit

I've just loved it ever since I was little. I guess I was drawn to the naiive character of Bilbo Baggins and I really loved the exchanges between Bilbo and the Dragon.

I read every day because I enjoy reading and travelling to other worlds. I think that reading creates a more real world for me then watching a movie does, as you get an insight as to how a character is feeling or what they are thinking.

Fantasy/Sci-fi

Why?

I find them more interesting and fun because authors can create a whole new world with their own gadgets and rules.

Roald Dahl

Again, I think it's because I fell in love with him when I was a child. I read his children's books over and over again, and as I have grown up I have also grown to appreciate his adult books as well. He's a fantastic author who can always make me laugh.

When - whenever I have spare time.. it doesn't really matter when. Where - somewhere quiet. Usually in my room or under a tree outside.

Why?

I read somewhere queit so that I don't get distracted by other people and so that I can fully emerse myself into a book. I feel that you gain a lot more out of it that way.

On a scale of 1-10 how much do you enjoy reading? 10 :D It's my favourite thing to do when I have some time to myself. [/QUOTE]

Name: Naomi
What is your favourite book? My favourite changes so often, but currently Weaveworld by Clive Barker.

Why is it your favourite? It is an imaginative and cleverly constructed story, and, despite being over 700 pages, it does not seem too long.

How often do you read and why? Every day. I have a lot of time on my hands anyway at the moment (holiday break between school and college) and it's something that can be done at any time of the day. If I'm busy during the day, I always try to read something before sleeping at night.

What genre of books do you enjoy reading the most? Fantasy

Why? Because the possibilities are endless. There isn't a worry of the story being 'unrealistic', and it's good as a means if escapism.

Who is your favourite author? Tough one, but I would have to say Stephen King.

Why are they your favourite? Purely for The Dark Tower series; I love the writing style, the characters and the coincidences they come across at unexpected moments. I also enjoyed Rose Madder and The Stand.

When and where do you like to read? Anytime, anywhere.

Why? I've found that I can block out the outside with a particularly good book, and if that's not possible, I can read whilst listening to my mp3 player. So I can read pretty much anywhere.

On a scale of 1-10 how much do you enjoy reading? 10 - but I also enjoy listening to music as much as reading. Luckily I can combine the two.

Name:Scott
Democracy in America, Alexis de Tocqueville

Politics is a great interest of mine, especially the study of democracies.

I read about two hours a day in the evenings, I do so out of enjoyment purposes and curiosity of a given subject.

Political non-fiction

Why?
They deal with relevant issues that we face every day, it shows how and why people act as they do politically.

Anton Chekhov

Shows the true depth of human understanding and the plight that we as human beings face.

11:00 p.m. or midnight, my living room

Why?
The kids are asleep!. :D

Well, let's see...

Name: Hristo Asenov
What is your favourite book? Crime and Punishment by Dostoevsky

Why is it your favourite? In my opinion, it does a wonderful job of portraying the duality of the human condition. I also really like the half-delirium the character is portrayed in, and through it I can relate a lot of issues into my personal life.

How often do you read and why? whenever I have time away from work or something else. It's usually either in the morning or in the evening before i go to bed.

What genre of books do you enjoy reading the most? i like russian literature, existential literature, or dystopian novels

Why? I'm mostly pessimistic and it's nice to see others with similar opinions as mine, it's nice to see your thoughts put into words

Who is your favourite author? Well, of course, Dostoevsky

Why are they your favourite? Me and him see the world similarly

When and where do you like to read? I don't like reading in my sweaty, cramped room, i'd rather go to a library, the park, or any bench outside and read there

Why? i like it better when there's a change of environment when i'm reading, however subtle

On a scale of 1-10 how much do you enjoy reading? 7

Name: For the sake of the argument, Herenya
What is your favourite book? I read too much to hvae a favourite. I suppose I could sit down and seriously try to identify one book as my favourite, but I'm honestly too lazy... because I'd have to constantly be reconsidering my favourite, too.

Why is it your favourite? Books that I come close to considering a favourite are the books that I keep on thinking about even when I put them down and tempt me to read "just one more chapter". Also the books I find moving or have a view, idea or even just a line that makes me sit up and think or go "that's exactly how (whatever) is!" Books I can relate to. Books that suck me in, and make me believe that they are real.

How often do you read and why? I read every day, because I'm a book addict and reading is what I do. It's a habit.

What genre of books do you enjoy reading the most? Historical, geneally, and sometimes fantasy

Why? Other eras facsinate me, and the books make these times alive for me, as well as there being a historical interest to the story, because I like to learn about the times too. Fantasy I'd say because it takes me some place different...

Who is your favourite author? I don't really have one.

Why are they your favourite? I don't really have a favourite because I read a lot of different authors, and I haven't found one particular author who has really, really stood out from the rest.

When and where do you like to read? I'll read anywhere, but I like to read sitting on the floor, leaning against something... perferably my bed!

Why? Because it's comfortable, and I can hold the book at an angle so that I don't get a sore neck or arms.

On a scale of 1-10 how much do you enjoy reading? 11 :p

Name:

What is your favourite book? I don't favor one book above all others.

How often do you read and why? I read daily. Reading is a way of learning and I enjoy learning new things. Reading is a simple way to relax and let go of responsibilities. Reading is a fun way to escape to another world, another place, another time, another society, etc.

What genre of books do you enjoy reading the most? I don't have a favorite though I don't enjoy all genres. I enjoy fiction and non-fiction alike. History, religion, fantasy, thriller, literature, reference, graphic novels. It would take me much longer to list the sub-categories.

Why?

Who is your favourite author? As with books, I don't favor one author above all others.

When and where do you like to read? When ever I have the time and where ever I can find a quiet spot. I don't like to read outside though.

Why?

On a scale of 1-10 how much do you enjoy reading? 9 - because a tiny percentage of the time I have to read stuff that bores me (college)

Name: Tasha
At the moment Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. It changes from time to time though.

Probably because it's been along 2 years waiting for it's release. And finally we get some answers to questions brought up by the first 5 books

Most days. To relax, to learn or just for something to do.

Not sure if I have one particular genre that sticks out. I guess I read a lot of Fantasy stuff so that maybe.

Why?

Dont think I can pick just one. At the moment I love Dan Brown and JK ROwling but I also love authors like Charles Dickens, George Orwell and Jane Austen

Depends. Either lying on bed, curled up in comfy chair

Why?
Most relaxing

On a scale of 1-10 how much do you enjoy reading? 10

phoenixgirl57 said:
Name:
What is your favourite book?Chicken Soup for a Woman's Soul

Why is it your favourite?I just love reading the true to life stories.

How often do you read and why?once a day at least 1 to 2 hrs.

What genre of books do you enjoy reading the most?Documentary,Fiction

Why?

Who is your favourite author?Nothing in particula.

When and where do you like to read?in the bedroom

Why?it's quiet

On a scale of 1-10 how much do you enjoy reading?10

Name: Doni
- The High Lord - Trudi Canavan

- It's fantasy, unpredictable but logical

- When I have school I barely have time, but now in vacation, every moment I have. Why? Because I have to make up the reading time what I can't read while I'm in school :p

- Fanatasy

Why?
- Call is escapisme

- Weis&Hickman

- They write very funny, but it's also exciting

- Everywhere, and every spare moment I have.

Why?
- Because I adore reading
On a scale of 1-10 how much do you enjoy reading? 10 ofcourse

Back