• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Reading more than one book at the same time

I am usually reading 10 or more at one time. I haven't had a problem keeping them sorted out. Sometimes I need to go back and re-read the last page before moving on, though. I am reading;'The Once and Future King,' 'The Black Company,' 'A Storm of Swords,' 'Catswold Portal,' 'Enchanter,' 'The Rat,' 'The Peterkin Papers,' "The Family Childcare Guide to Marketing,' 'Life in a medieval Village' and 'Dragons in the Flowery Land.' I pick which I read by what mood I'm in, or which book might be borrowed and needs to go back, or even occassionally what book has me right where it wants me and I cannot read anything else till it's finished. *grin* I love it when that happens.

I couldn't get by on one book alone. Reading 4-5 at the same time, according to mood. Unless I get so engrossed in a single one, and then I finish it at one gulp before I go on to the others. I believe that TV has adapted us to switching fast from one mood to the next, and even to interruptions. Anyway, my bedtime book is always a different one - a paperback is a must in this case. I have found out that if you get insomnia the best remedy is a Latin grammar. But I seldom get it. Usually I fall asleep after the second paragraph, although I can never go to sleep without holding, at least, a book.

I tried reading several books at a time but couldn't cope. Typical male - can only do one thing at a time!!

So generally I only read one novel at a time but I can read a non-fiction book at the same time, usually history.

Back