• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

ReaditSwapit

That looks interesting. Although I'm wondering what the odds are of the person with the book that you want wanting a book that you have. I might give it a try. :)

Sounds like a good deal, I checked out the site briefly, though we don't have a similar thing here in the states.:( Book "chains" and passes are very fun. Folks are different about their books than they are about other things. To me, there is nothing like trading books and having fun tracking a given shipment.

SFG75 said:
Sounds like a good deal, I checked out the site briefly, though we don't have a similar thing here in the states.:(

Although we don't have any direct swapping websites here (that I know of), there are a number of sites which allow you to send/receive used books. I've used both www.thebookcart.com and www.paperbackswap.com in the past. I think my mom has also used www.frugalreader.com, but I don't know how good results are as we haven't discussed it. I also find that a lot of people do direct swapping over at www.bookcrossing.com. Just in case you really were sad:D .

Oh happy day!. What a good thing for me and my melancholy bores!(pun certainly intended):D Now some books will be traded out and replaced with some better ones. You're awesome mehastings.

Only a few hours after joining readitswapit I had already agreed to swap...

Time of Arrival by Sallis for The Gift by Nabokov
Dirty Havana Trilogy by Guteirrez for Lucky by Sebold
Round Ireland With a Fridge by Hawks for The Alchemist by Coelho
My Sister's Keeper by Picoult for Notes on a Scandal by Heller
Velocity by Koontz for The Virgin Suicides by Eugenides

Which was on Saturday night. Somehow, I received my first book this morning too :eek: :confused: :D

Back