• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Reality REALized!

Are you talking about "The Demon Haunted World" by Carl Sagan ?
I heard about Carl Sagan and even saw his books but never read him.

Yes, The Demon Haunted World by Carl Sagan would be a good book to start with and I also recommend the other books I listed:

Flim-Flam! Psychics, ESP, Unicorns, and Other Delusions by James Randi

Top Secret: The Truth Behind Today's Pop Mysticisms by Robert M. Price

The Reason Driven Life by Robert Price

Why People Believe Weird Things: Pseudoscience, Superstition, and Other Confusions of Our Time by Michael Shermer

VestnikRA, I have friends and family that I love who are deeply into the New Age movement and that is fine with me as long as they are happy with their philosophy and don't try to force their ideas on me. However, I have concern for people who are victims of a New Age cult and I encourage all who are into the occult to educate themselves about scientific facts as opposed to pseudoscience. I am a strong proponent of intellectual emancipation. I wish you well on your journey for truth.

Yes, The Demon Haunted World by Carl Sagan would be a good book to start with and I also recommend the other books I listed:

Flim-Flam! Psychics, ESP, Unicorns, and Other Delusions by James Randi

Top Secret: The Truth Behind Today's Pop Mysticisms by Robert M. Price

The Reason Driven Life by Robert Price

Why People Believe Weird Things: Pseudoscience, Superstition, and Other Confusions of Our Time by Michael Shermer

VestnikRA, I have friends and family that I love who are deeply into the New Age movement and that is fine with me as long as they are happy with their philosophy and don't try to force their ideas on me. However, I have concern for people who are victims of a New Age cult and I encourage all who are into the occult to educate themselves about scientific facts as opposed to pseudoscience. I am a strong proponent of intellectual emancipation. I wish you well on your journey for truth.

Thank you for the book listing, Revised!
Yes, I understand your point and I totally agree with you regarding cults and fanatics. I believe that a man should have a very own world concept based on his/her own experience and feeeling only, not on someone else's words or rules. When I read a new spiritual, metaphysical or New Age book I never take anything for gospel. All information goes through my inner filter: some things I just ignore, other things I may reject and third ones I may accept if they match my inner feelings and experience.

Back