• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Reality REALized!

With all due respect, have you considered the possibility that you have blighted your whole life with a fantasy of magical thinking and nonsense?

Tell me how a little boy caused his father to pour gasoline over him and light him on fire. How did that little boy create his reality for that to happen?

Tell me how toddlers caused their mother to strap them in their car seats and drive them into the lake drowning them. How did those toddlers create that reality?

With all due respect, have you considered the possibility that you have blighted your whole life with a fantasy of magical thinking and nonsense?

Tell me how a little boy caused his father to pour gasoline over him and light him on fire. How did that little boy create his reality for that to happen?

Tell me how toddlers caused their mother to strap them in their car seats and drive them into the lake drowning them. How did those toddlers create that reality?

There is nothing magical in the process of creation of your own reality.
Children are dependent of their parents to the age of 12-14 and this may be the answer to your questions.

Can an amputee create his reality by growing his limb back?

There is nothing magical in the process of creation of your own reality.
Children are dependent of their parents to the age of 12-14 and this may be the answer to your questions.

So are you saying that children ages 12-14 do not create their reality but suddenly after age 12-14 they create their reality?

Does an 18 year old woman cause a serial rapist to rape her? Did she create that reality with her consciousness? Pure hogwash.

Honestly once i got to " For instance, what really is Reality? " I stopped. it is just to ridiculous i felt at least.

Can an amputee create his reality by growing his limb back?

Have you heard about people who happen to have stigmatas that appear on the same places where Jesus had them? All power is within you. And "It is done onto you as you believe".

So are you saying that children ages 12-14 do not create their reality but suddenly after age 12-14 they create their reality?
No, I am saying that after 12-14 years they become more independent from their parens but the matter of creating their reality is totally up to them.

Does an 18 year old woman cause a serial rapist to rape her? Did she create that reality with her consciousness? Pure hogwash.

You may not believe it, but yes, she attracts the rapist by her fears who "nose out" her fears like a dog (unconsciously, of couse) and comes directly to the place...

I would say that there's a shard of truth to what VestnikRA says, even if he's misunderstood it completely. We all, to a certain extent, create our reality in that we make an interpretation of it, and that that interpretation has influence on our actions. In that way, obviously, our thoughts can have influence on physical reality in the long run.

However, the idea that we can create and change physical reality, or change what other people do, simply by our own thoughts is, as Revised said, bordering on psychotic. And saying that women cause themselves to be raped is nothing short of despicable. I'd say it's one of the most offensive things I've read on this site.

I would say that there's a shard of truth to what VestnikRA says, even if he's misunderstood it completely. We all, to a certain extent, create our reality in that we make an interpretation of it, and that that interpretation has influence on our actions. In that way, obviously, our thoughts can have influence on physical reality in the long run.

However, the idea that we can create and change physical reality, or change what other people do, simply by our own thoughts is, as Revised said, bordering on psychotic. And saying that women cause themselves to be raped is nothing short of despicable. I'd say it's one of the most offensive things I've read on this site.

I would say this is not misunderstanding, this is MY understanding, my vision of reality and creation. You may not agree of course and I would be happy hear your interpretations.
I did not mean to offend anyone. There is nothing personal in what I am saying, this is just my vision of the world based on some scientific research too. If you have seen "What the bleep do we know?" and "The Secret" you understand what I mean.

I did not mean to offend anyone.
Thereby proving that what you mean to do and what actually happens have very little bearing on each other. :whistling: Seriously, if you can't see how it's offensive to say that rape victims brought it on themselves...

If you have seen "What the bleep do we know?" and "The Secret" you understand what I mean.
And if I haven't, I'm sure you could explain it to me?

Thereby proving that what you mean to do and what actually happens have very little bearing on each other. :whistling: Seriously, if you can't see how it's offensive to say that rape victims brought it on themselves...

And if I haven't, I'm sure you could explain it to me?

Sorry for hurting your feelings, beer good, but what do you expect me to do? It is on you to take it this way.
I can't tell you the whole story of the documentaries, I mentioned, it is just waste of time, it is always better to see them yourself.

Have you heard about people who happen to have stigmatas that appear on the same places where Jesus had them? All power is within you. And "It is done onto you as you believe".

LOL! Yes, and there is no evidence that any of those cases are true and of the cases I have read, they have been proven bogus. You are gullible.

You may not believe it, but yes, she attracts the rapist by her fears who "nose out" her fears like a dog (unconsciously, of couse) and comes directly to the place...

That is an abhorrent, disgusting and repulsive philosophy. If something like that were to happen to you, I hope you then realize the fallacy of your thinking. The Secret and What the Bleep are NOT based on scientific research but are pure pseudoscience.

You are brainwashed by a New Age cult. I am so HAPPY now to be free of New Age affliction. I am exhilarated to be free of superstitious beliefs and I enjoy having an emancipated mind. I suggest you read some books such as:

The Demon Haunted World by Carl Sagan

Flim-Flam! Psychics, ESP, Unicorns, and Other Delusions by James Randi

Top Secret: The Truth Behind Today's Pop Mysticisms by Robert M. Price

The Reason Driven Life by Robert Price

Why People Believe Weird Things: Pseudoscience, Superstition, and Other Confusions of Our Time by Michael Shermer

LOL! Yes, and there is no evidence that any of those cases are true and of the cases I have read, they have been proven bogus. You are gullible.
Well, if you prefer to close your eyes to not see the obvious things, it is your choise.

That is an abhorrent, disgusting and repulsive philosophy. If something like that were to happen to you, I hope you then realize the fallacy of your thinking. The Secret and What the Bleep are NOT based on scientific research but are pure pseudoscience.
You are brainwashed by a New Age cult.

We just believe in different things. I may say that you are brainwashed by so named "civilized society" that brought us to the edge of total destruction.

You have every right to believe what you wish. I prefer that you not proselytize other people in this forum with your religious fanaticism, especially when your message is that a young woman's consciousness/thoughts causes a serial rapist to rape her or that a profoundly deformed newborn caused his deformity with his consciousness. Telling others that they are responsible for those tragedies is cruel and repulsive.

You have every right to believe what you wish. I prefer that you not proselytize other people in this forum with your religious fanaticism, especially when your message is that a young woman's consciousness/thoughts causes a serial rapist to rape her or that a profoundly deformed newborn caused his deformity with his consciousness. Telling others that they are responsible for those tragedies is cruel and repulsive.

You said it yourself in another topic:
"Yes, people are responsible for an enormous amount of shit that happens in their life... "

You said it yourself in another topic:
"Yes, people are responsible for an enormous amount of shit that happens in their life... "

Yes and by that I mean that the behaviors and choices people make in their life can cause problems or successes.

For example,

If a person smokes 3 packs of cigarettes a day, that behavior can lead to lung cancer.

If a person drives while drunk, that can lead to a horrific car accident.

But to tell people that their consciousness causes everything to happen to them is psychotic thinking. It is not true.

A person's thoughts do not cause a tornado to destroy their house.

A 6 year old's consciousness/thoughts/attitude does not cause her to develop uterine cancer (yes there are cases of that).

A person's consciousness does not cause a drunk driver to slam into their car, killing their children in their car.

Please read the books I recommended in a previous post. I spent decades studying New Age metaphysics and I now view it as a waste of time.

Yes, thank you for explanation, Revised!
I also spent decades reading books of different type and teachings so that I am a bit tired of reading. :) But I will try to find the book you suggested and read it as soon as I get some free time.
Are you talking about "The Demon Haunted World" by Carl Sagan ?
I heard about Carl Sagan and even saw his books but never read him.

Back