• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Recently Purchased/Borrowed

In Durham today:

The Dark Horse by Marcus Sedgwick
Death Of An Ordinary Man by Glen Duncan
Dead Of Winter by Rennie Airth
White Heat by M.J.McGrath

Harold Pinter - Old Times (I'm going to see the play on stage soon and want to be prepared)
Ben Fountain - Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk (thanks, BAR!)

Doctor Sleep: The Deluxe Special Edition by Stephen King.

I spent way too much on this, but as a collector of King books, I couldn't resist.:blush:

House of Leaves by Mark Danielewski
Full Dark, No Stars by Stephen King
City of Dark Magic by Magnus Flyte
Fatal Friends, Deadly Neighbors by Ann Rule
Complete Tales & Poems by Edgar Allan Poe
The Silmarillion by J.R.R.Tolkien
A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess (replacement copy...I hate when people don't return my books, grrr!!)

House of Leaves by Mark Danielewski
Full Dark, No Stars by Stephen King
City of Dark Magic by Magnus Flyte
Fatal Friends, Deadly Neighbors by Ann Rule
Complete Tales & Poems by Edgar Allan Poe
The Silmarillion by J.R.R.Tolkien
A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess (replacement copy...I hate when people don't return my books, grrr!!)

I never lend books, I'd sooner lend my toothbrush. Been burned too many times.

Quoted for truth. I'm missing four Stephen King hardbacks, a Koontz paperback and a Phlippa Gregory paperback from one person (loaned all at the same time). Never saw them again. :sad:

WOW! I would be absolutely furious!! Especially since I'm a huge fan of King and Koontz. Let me guess the borrower either claims they were returned or just simply avoids you? In my case it's the former.

Last time I lent a book, about 25 years ago, the friend let her 10 year old read it while eating. The book was trashed and she didn't understand the problem. That was it, no more lending of books.

All borrowed..
The psychopath test - Jon Ronson (I adore his books)
Don't look behind you - Peter Allison
The Gun Seller - Hugh Laurie (couldn't resist)

And bought? The Very Cranky Bear by Nick Bland - a great kids book that I bought for my sister in law because she loves it possibly more than my children!

I just bought the latest Bloodlines Book, The Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead. I must be one of the few adults that actually read YA books. I hear it's a growing trend. The last book I borrowed was a Romance by Nora Roberts, can't remember which one now though, but I have since downloaded most of them.

I must be one of the few adults that actually read YA books. I hear it's a growing trend.

Not necessarily so few! I think it is a great trend to read what one wants to read, no matter what others may say or think. And YA are getting more mature and therefore more interesting. More power to you and please keep us posted.. :flowers:

I read all the Harry Potter before my young nephews, did...I actually sent them my paperbacks once I had the hardcovers. Loved the Percy Jackson series. Hunger games, I like a lot of the YA books. And my husband like them, too...he's 67.

Basically all my soft covers are YA, with all the Adult and "For Mature Audiences" books are on my laptop with password protection. My kids are too little yet to like reading anything not school related, but when they do start I'll be protected.

I have Hunger Games too. Vampire Academy and Bloodlines are good reads as well.

Back