• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Recently Purchased/Borrowed

Crime And Punishment by Dostoevsky and The Jungle by Sinclair. Saw them while browsing the used bookstore and couldn't pass them up!

Dad bought me "The Murder of Roger Ackroyd" by Agatha Christie because I have to read one of her books for school's summer reading. Looks pretty interesting, at least.

StillILearn said:
Fill us in on all the gory details from this one, please? It may help us stay on our summer diets.

:D
Probably no backyard BBQ's after reading this one, huh? :)

The extended Cemetery Dance edition of Salems' Lot, signed by Stephen King. It's a bigass book.

The Complete Far Side collection, by Gary Larson (also bigass books).

Genius, A Mosaic of One Hundred Exceplary Creative Minds by Harold Bloom. I wound it on sale at a bookstore and immediately bought it. I've read How to Read and Why by him before and I enjoyed it, and I'm also otherwise interested in literary criticism. Has any one of y'all real his tuff? He's also written e.g. Shakespeare - Invention of the Human and The Western Canon.

Re: Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, I only read the first part and it was funny and stuff but I've never been bothered to read the rest of them for some reason. I think it annoyed me how similar the writing and the humor was to Terry Pratchett whom I'd read before and loved. I just felt like Adams was ripping off Patchett, even though I think Adams was around before Prachett. But oh well, we all have out moments of irrationality.

- Possession & Bable Tower by A.S. Byatt
- The Dark Tower - The Gunslinger by Stephen King
- Complete Works of D.H. Lawrence
- Complete Works of Vladimir Nabokov
- Wuthering Heights, Jane Eyre & Tenant of Wildfield Hall, Bronte sisters collection

I've just started The Gunslinger, which is a little cryptic but interesting..

the book i have got recently

after reading dan browns da vinci code i was curious to read the other books written by him n got my hands on demons and angels!!!!!!!!! after tht my hunt will begin for another good book spclly a fiction one! :D

I went to the used book store today and got 7-Up, Hard Eight, and To The Nines by Janet Evanovich...I have already read them but I just want to have them on my bookcase...I love Evanovich books And also got Blue Dahlia by Nora Roberts. :D

Oh, and Hitchhiker's Guide is awesome. I have the Trilogy in FIVE parts lol. :D

I just bought the Life of Pi by Yann Martel and I just wanted to know if anyone read it or had views on the book.

Usagi said:
I just bought the Life of Pi by Yann Martel and I just wanted to know if anyone read it or had views on the book.

Yes!

I did, and I do.

"Fasten your life vest, it's going to be a bumpy ride." :D

(This is a book you won't be forgetting having read right away)

Bought 2 more tonight. Black Rose by Nora Roberts and Nighttime is My Time by Mary Higgins Clark. But I got them for cheap at Costco. So it's all ok!!! lol :p

Back