• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Recently Purchased/Borrowed

If 'recently purchased' means I can included the books that came free with my Sony eReader, then I have the complete works of Dickens, Shakespeare and Oscar Wilde!

The Wild Road - Gabriel King
Golden Cat - Gabriel King

The books that one finds when browsing in used bookshops. I'm excited about these titles, but I want to finish the remaining books I have in Ranger's Apprentice series.

The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy- Douglas Adams
The Kite Runner-Khaled Hosseini
Duma Key-Stephen King
The Picture Of Dorian Gray- Oscar Wilde (I already have this one ,but my mom used it as a coffee cup coaster :sad: )

Was in B&N the other day and had to buy Agassi's new book Open (I'm a big tennis fan)

Has anyone else read it? Anyone see the katie couric intvw with agassi about 3 weeks ago?

The Plague by Albert Camus
Bleak House by Charles Dickens
Nausea by Jean-Paul Sartre
Cat's Cradle, The Sirens of Titan, and Slaughterhouse Five by Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

This statement does not fit here, sorry. I just had to say that everyone must read and own the non fiction book,The Stuff of Thought - Language as a Window Into Human Nature by Steven Pinker. I just can't put it down. It is totally awesome. Check it out!

I received two Xmas gifts early, $25 gift cards, one for Borders, one for Amazon.

Here is what I ordered::D

The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold
The Thorn Birds by Colleen McCullough
Tess of the D'Ubervilles by Thomas Hardy
Beauty by Robin McKinley
The Worm Ouroboros by E.R. Eddison
The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexander Dumas
The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath

The results of today's book sale:

-The Hunger by Whitley Streiber
-From a Buick 8 by Stephen King
-The Namesake by Jhumpa Lahiri
-The Virgin's Lover by Phillipa Gregory
-Mr. X by Peter Straub
-The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test by Tom Wolfe
-An American Dream by Norman Mailer

Your Face Tomorrow, Vol.1, Fever and Spear - Javier Marias

Vols 2 and 3 will follow shortly, I'm sure.

Just yesterday I bought Deadhouse Gates by Steven Erikson. My son was here over thanksgiving and read the first book in the series then started Deadhouse Gates. He needed something to read on the plane so he stole my copy. I had to buy another one because this is one of my favorite series.

Three library books. A Cool Head, by Ian Rankin. The Goliath Bone, by Mickey Spillane and The Labours of Hercules, by Agather Christie.

I just made my final purchase at the local Waldenbooks, which is closing within a month. :sad:
The closest book store will be 35 miles away. I guess all of my book shopping will be done on line from now on.

This is what I bought:

The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood
Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norell by Susanna Clarke
Alas, Babylon by Pat Frank

From the library:
Cleopatra's Daughter - Michelle Moran

I'm 136 pages into it now and have been enjoying it. If it keeps up like this I'll want to own a copy of it!

I just made my final purchase at the local Waldenbooks, which is closing within a month. :sad:
The closest book store will be 35 miles away. I guess all of my book shopping will be done on line from now on.

This is what I bought:

The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood
Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norell by Susanna Clarke
Alas, Babylon by Pat Frank

It's heartbreaking to see your local bookstore go out of business. You treat it like a second home and then it's gone!

Back