• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Recommend one to the world!

The Poisonwood Bible is unread on my shelf as is one of Hubbard's. I will get round to them - we need more rainy days.

I, too, am in debt to Asimov.

If I had to pick one that has influenced me the most - both in thinking and writing - it would have to be Tibor Fischer. His love of words, lateral thinking, disobedience and humour draws me in every time. In particular, The Thought Gang. Imagine the premise: most bank robbers get away with it; most bank robbers are below average intelligence. Now put together an out-of-work philosopher and an experienced criminal - they can't lose!

I rarely read a book more than once, life is too short, but even on the third reading I found nuances and subtexts undiscovered earlier.

Thanks, Tibor.

Geoff

One author for the world? Tolstoy!

"...If I were told that what I shall write will be read in twenty years by the children of today and that they will weep and smile over it and will fall in love with life, I would devote all my life and all my strengths to it."

-Leo Tolstoy

Back