• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

recommendation

Wabbit

Hi :)

I want to post a recommendation for a company that I frequently use because it's SO good! I am in no way affiliated with this company personally. I just use this company and happen to think they are damn groovie :) It's not even book related lol Would this be ok to recommend them, or would it be in violation of policy?

**EDIT**
As we are talking about policy voilations; I'll kill 2 birds with one stone! I have another question regarding posting policy :)

When posting to writers showcase: What is allowed and not? By this I mean, how grahpic can you get? Is mature content such as strong language, graphic violence, explicit sex and so on allowed?

**EDIT**

By the Sun, Moon and Stars
SillyWabbit

I think PG-13 would be appropriate, as some of the members here are younger than 17.

Clarification for non-US moviegoers: PG-13 means appropriate for anyone that age or older, usually there's a little cussing and maybe a little violence, but no real gore and a polite fade out before any nudity or sex.

I want to post a recommendation for a company....
The best place to do this would be in the General Chat area. We work hard to police spam on the site so if it's related to a general chat topic, then that would be OK.

When posting to writers showcase: What is allowed and not?
Difficult question. The site has a rule that anyone older than 13yrs is allowed to join (this complies with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998), but we can't stop children younger than 13yrs browsing the forums (we can't stop people from saying they are older than 13yrs when they register).

For now, I agree with Ashlea and would say that a PG-13 should apply to posts. The last thing I want is this site to end up on Norton's list of "adult" sites.

This is from the membership agreement
3.8 You agree that you will not use The Book Forum to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law. You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you.

Thanks.

Darren.

Back