• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Recommendations Wanted

jbcohen

I would like to see what forum members think on what should be next on my to be read stack. I am a typical male when it comes to books. I like thrillers, political ones in particular those where the President of the US is involved in some manner. I typically like those books that are part of series where the reader gets to know a set of characters who are developed through out the series.

A good example is the Executioner series started in 67 by Don Pendelton. The series typically has over 600 novels written over a span of thirty years by a group of authors, Pendelton has been in the ground for some time now. The books concern one group of characters who are quite well developed.

Any series should have two or more component novels concerning the same set of characters and should involve a national or international level.

I have read Tom Clancey's novels, which IMHO are a bit dated and Vince Flynn's Mich Rapp series.

What do you think?

Try this old crazy book. Falling Angel by William Hjortsberg.... Its a great triumph! More like it are Lightening, Dean Koontz, and John Sandford Mind Prey.....

Have you read Scott Turow? His books are really long, but they are good political/ legal thrillers. Every book is set in the fictional Kindle County and tells the story of a revolving set of characters.

You could also try Richard North Patterson, he writes a series of thrillers about a fictonal president, Kerry Kilcannon, who seems to be strongly modeled after Bobby Kennedy.

Have you read Frederick Forsyth? His books match your criteria: usually modern day thrillers with a mix of politics, terrorism, mercenaries, etc..

I will probably get a virtual slap for recommending Dan Brown, but Deception Point involves the president and politics.

I've heard that Brad Meltzer and Neal Stephenson have some books that might be what you're looking for, but I haven't read anything by them myself.

Must try:

I would seriously suggest Lee Child and John Sandford! If you liked Mr. Clark in the Tom Clancy series, you'll love both of these.

Also, maybe the Harry Bosch series? I can't remember the author's name.

But I really think the Lee Child and John Sandford's Lucas Davenport series are your best bets and they are amazing!

Back