• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

recording music to the computer

helgi

I've got a 4 track and the cable it can plug into my computer's audio input... does this mean that I can probably create a computer file from the tape recording?

Since my computer has the input I figure it has a default recording program?

I thought my computer would automatically open such a program when it 'sensed' any electronic signal from the 4 track, but no

HenryOHinkly

I guess it is cause it finally worked

just figured out how to get the music onto the internet, and I put the song "All's Been Told' at some place called ourstage.com . It's in the HenryOHinkly profile.

It's a pretty good recording considering how it was flattened through a second recorder I have before it was put back into the 4 track to connect with computer.

What PC program did you use? If you use Audacity you could record each of the 4 tracks from the 4 track into it one at a time and have the ability to make things sound better if need be.

Keep it to the master.
Some of the computers, newer versions, have got such senses but if you haven't seen anything about it over someplace of your computer or in a guide book, it happens to be that it hasn't. If your computer is being the first type (newer version) then yayyy! If your computer isn't then input your device and wait for the message coming for the "Use the best program from Web" something and connect and download for free. It will give you for a month use but you will crack over and over so you will then save you and your money.

well, I finally seemed to have gotten things working on the ourstage site

I've got 3 songs there
She Don't Need No Valentine

All's Been Told

She's Never Been Home

most of my recordings were made behind a tequila bar when my band used to practice, so there;s no hope for fuzz reduction cause the recordings are mostly flat to begin with cause we're a garage band, I just let the four track run for some practice sessions.

Back