• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Report a post - and then what!?

Martin

Question to the mods.

When I report a post, what happens next? Should I not be informed about the actions taken (or not taken)?

Just curious.

Cheers

Good question. I report a lot of posts. I do eventually notice that action has been taken.

I wouldn't have asked if I did.

I've reported a few posts in the last weeks, but I heard nothing.

Cheers

I guess it depends on what you report - if it's spam, duplicated posts etc which is merely to be deleted then it just goes ahead and gets done (if you really want a PM sent stating this then fine, but it's unnecessary as it can clearly be seen to have been dealt with). However if I receive a report concerning conduct/questionable material I endeavour to PM the person involved. I can't speak for everyone though.

Well, there you have it - some reports I've made were about spam, and I can live with not being notified of actions taken. Though, a few were about rude/insulting/whatever behaviour, and still I got nothing.

Cheers

Martin said:
Question to the mods.

When I report a post, what happens next? Should I not be informed about the actions taken (or not taken)?

Just curious.

Cheers
I thought you used to be a moderator? :eek:

Rainbowgurl,

It's be easy enough to look back through old posts to find out what happened.

Personally, I think it should all be let lie now. Just cos you weren't around at the time doesn't mean you need to know now.

Martin said:
Question to the mods.

Just curious.

Cheers

Surely you handled a few of the reported posts when you were modding?

Back