• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Required Reading for Rookie Readers!

Maizara

So I thought we could have a colletion of 50 or 100 books that is necessary to be read by new readers. Both contemporary and classics welcomed. You can suggest books and only those seconded would be added into the list of REQUIRED READING FOR ROOKIE READERS. I would update this post each time a new book is nominated & seconded. How about it?

My suggestion: The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho

P.S. Would this be an appropriate thread or should it be in the General Book Discussion?

I would update this post each time a new book is nominated & seconded. How about it?

I don't think that will be possible. The EDIT function on this board only lasts for fifteen minutes. After that, your post is as is and can't be changed.

So I thought we could have a colletion of 50 or 100 books that is necessary to be read by new readers. Both contemporary and classics welcomed. You can suggest books and only those seconded would be added into the list of REQUIRED READING FOR ROOKIE READERS. I would update this post each time a new book is nominated & seconded. How about it?

My suggestion: The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho

P.S. Would this be an appropriate thread or should it be in the General Book Discussion?
It's a good idea. I like the idea that everyone suggesting a book and then seconding it before entering the list.
I would suggest the list to be SUGGESTED READING rather than REQUIRED READING, because it better not to force a reading but recommended, plus it's a subjective matter.

I don't think that will be possible. The EDIT function on this board only lasts for fifteen minutes. After that, your post is as is and can't be changed.
If people liked the idea and its worth, Moderators can handle it, right? ;)

Back