• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Research: please help

Bookclover

Novels where astrology/tarots are mentioned

Hi All,

I am looking for novels where astrology/tarots are mentioned. I don't mean as a main them (well also) but in general.
For example, Jeanette Winterson mentiones astrology in her novel 'Powerbook'

Can you suggest other novels?

Thanks

Bookclover

What about Jeffrey Deaver's The Twelve Card? Below is a small paragraph from the book.

"A high-school girl in Harlem, Geneva Settle, is the target of a ruthless professional killer—Thompson Boyd—who has been hired to murder her for reasons unknown. His first attempt, in a deserted museum early one morning, is a failure but it's clear to Lincoln Rhyme that he's going to strike again, from clues the killer leaves behind, one of which is the twelfth card in the tarot deck, The Hanged Man, whose meaning resonates eerily throughout the story."

I really enjoyed this book and managed to finish it in one night.:)

not really astrology and tarot but, The Club Dumas by Arturo Perez-Reverte, has some mystery images similar to tarot and a very good read, too.
it's the same images you can see in the film "The Ninth Gate" which is based on the book.

Hi Everyone,

I am researching 2 types of novels and hope you can help.

1. research on novels mentioning astrology/tarot. They do not need to be the main theme, even a small mention is fine.
I am focusing on mainstream novels but if you have suggestions at all please let me know.

For example, Jeanette Winterson mentions astrology (people born under the sign of Virgo...) in 'Powerbook'

2. Novels where writer and narrator are told to be *not* the same person, for example, because reveiling the real identity of the narrator would be risky. This technique was largely used in the 18th cen. Any suggestion you might have would be much appreciated.

Thanks

try "the hanged man" by francesca lia block. it's YA, but i really love it and have read it a few times. it's very beatiful and has a lot of tarot references (as you can probably tell from the title.)

Although not a real "mainstream", but...,

Juv novel by Avi: Midnight Magic starts off with tarot cards, then moves aways, and at the end, it ends with it.

Another novel, Alice Hoffman's Practical Magic, mentions of tarot cards a few times and that was turned into a movie, with Nicole Kidman :)

Oh, and then there is the Da Vinci Code.
Davinci code mentions of astrology in several times. i.e.: ..Age of Aquarius-the water bearer.., and mentions of tarot cards.

What about Jeffrey Deaver's The Twelve Card? Below is a small paragraph from the book.

"A high-school girl in Harlem, Geneva Settle, is the target of a ruthless professional killer—Thompson Boyd—who has been hired to murder her for reasons unknown. His first attempt, in a deserted museum early one morning, is a failure but it's clear to Lincoln Rhyme that he's going to strike again, from clues the killer leaves behind, one of which is the twelfth card in the tarot deck, The Hanged Man, whose meaning resonates eerily throughout the story."

Thank you so so much for this!
That's exactly what I'm looking for!;-)

Can you please tell me the page?

Cheers!!!

Back