• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Roald Dahl: The Landlady

Awesome, just awesome. Dahl had such a dark yet humorous imagination. Have you read any of his others from Tales of the Unexpected?
Yes,the part where he asked who made the bird ...and she replied that she did...LOL

No,I am part of an online community through our local bookstore/chain,and someone recommended it,they also suggested Alice Munroe.

I read Lamb to the Slaughter,loved it,especially when she invited them to dinner.Wicked.Thanks Will.

I read Lamb to the Slaughter,loved it,especially when she invited them to dinner.Wicked.Thanks Will.

This is my Favorite Dahl story. Though I believe Royal Jelly needs a mention here too.

The BFG was the First Roald Dahl novel I ever read completely on my own, 9 I think I was. My love for his stories never waned.

Matilda and Witches were also top on my list!. :)

I read Lamb of the Slaughter awhile back and wanted to get some more of Dahl's work and forgot about it. Gonna have to add it to my list

Roald Dahl is only next to Edgar Allen Poe

Roald Dahl is fantastic, only next to the Adam of Mystery Stories, Edgar Allen Poe.

I simply LOVED Roald Dahl when I was a teenager. I think reading his stories inspired the ones that I write myself now. Dark and twisted!

Back