• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Robert Finn's 'Adept'

Stewart

I was browsing Borders today and came across a book called Adept by a first time author named Robert Finn. I read the front cover from standing and, on seeing that it was likened to The Da Vinci Code, passed it by - no interest. The Rule of Four's comparisons, for example, were unfounded and I'll be damned if I believe any crap written on the cover of a book - yes, I'm guilty of going against proverbs in this instance.

Got home, and checked out the book on Amazon anyway. The link is here on the UK Amazon as it does not appear to be on sale in the American or Canadian outlets of Amazon...yet. After reading the reviews there I won't be buying this book but I thought that others may be interested to know about it.

thanks for that, I have been agonising over whether to buy Adept for a couple of weeks now (I really enjoyed Da Vinci Code), I don't think I'll bother.

On a related theme, there is a book, currently reduced in Borders called Decipher by Stel Pavlou. I am only 50 pages in, but enjoying it a great deal, hopefully it will carry on in the same way. Might be worth a try if you liked Dan Brown's books.

please give it a go!

Hi,i've just finished reading adept and found it a wonderfully entertaining read.I normally read a book a week but found i couldn't put it down!! and read the whole book within three days.I'm a great fan of dan brown but found this book just as good as any of his,in fact it shouldn't even be compared to the divinci code because the story and plot lines are worlds apart,please give it a go,you really won't be dissapointed!!

Funnily enough, I was going to post about this. Saw it in WHSmiths on Saturday next to the Da Vinci code on the best sellers list. Had a quick look at it but didn't purchase it.

Back