• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Robert Ludlum: The Bourne Identity

CarlosTheTackle said:
OK, OK. No worries.

I thought a spoiler warning in my subject would do, but obviously the rules are a little different here. Now I know.

(P.S. Surely in a Book of the Month discussion one would expect contributers to have read the book? Just wondering.)

Yes i agreed! one would expect contributers to have read the book!!! :)

alfinge said:
Yes i agreed! one would expect contributers to have read the book!!! :)
Some people come into these discussions to suss out the book and decide, based on the comments, weither the book is a worthwile read or not. It's just courteous to include spoiler tags for these people, and for people who come into the discussion when they are only halfway through the book :)

Snowwhite said:
I have only read the first book, and never got round to the sequels.

I did try to start the second one, but i felt i needed a break from it to get into it properly.

I also hated the film!! How it was known by the same name as the book i will never know, as most of the story was missing. No mention of Carlos whatsoever!!
Hah! Thats exactly the same thing with the James Bond books by Ian Flemming! The only thing that is the same is the Name of the book! The books are quite good actually.

It's probably me, but I enjoyed the movie and I enjoyed the (first) book. However, when all the shootin' is over, the central point never sticks with me -- the identity of Jason Bourne. So, if anyone uses closed spoilers, be assured that I am going to read them in my never ending search for Jason Bourne's true identity. In the mean time I am living off his Swiss bank account.
Peder

Back