• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Rock star INXS

SFG75

Anyone watch this? This show has become my favorite as of late. There are some really good singers on the show and ones that are just flat out horrible. Personally, I'm pulling for Jordis. She has some incredible vocals and her performance singing "Heart-shaped box" was really something else. Any thoughts? Come on folks, time for a little escapism here. :p

I just saw it this weekend for the first time.

Jordis seems to be the most talented. I also liked Brandon because he just got out there and sang and so his performance very enjoyable.

What did you think of Dave Navarro? :rolleyes:

geneviv said:
What did you think of Dave Navarro? :rolleyes:

I don't know, is he competing? I hear Van Halen is looking for a new singer :rolleyes: In all seriousness, he did give some good pointers-one about pitch to a contestant whose never heard of it before. I think the band is a bit too reticent about criticizing the person they want to be the next leader of their band, not that it's important or anything you know, the lead singer is like the drummer-just something that's there, not a real leader or anything.......... :p :p ;)

I can't believe my agent didn't call me about this audition, what was he thinking?!?! I mean...so what if I'm 40, the members of INXS have got to be pushin' 50.

But seriously, I only saw a few minutes of it, it was too American Idol-like for me. I was a HUGE INXS fan back in the day, but Michael Hutchence's suicide really turned me off. Maybe I'll tune in and catch it as it heats up a bit ...

When Dave introduced himself at the start of an earlier show he did some wierd thing with his hand. He might of been spelling out Dave. It was ridiculous.

SFG75 said:
he did give some good pointers-one about pitch to a contestant whose never heard of it before.

That's true. Alot of those contestants seem to concentrate more their showmanship and then their vocals just get out of control. When I'm listening I can barely discern pitch, timbre, dynamics, etc. because they're just yelling. I guess he was paying attention.

Have you guys participated in the polls they have? Jordis and Ty fare very well. Suzie surprisingly does not. :p

Back