• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Roleplaying

You mean like War Hammer and RPG on X-box and PlayStation? My sons do and it seems hugely popular with their friends. They have the whole veranda covered in warriors and battles can go on for days. It seems terribly complicated and uses a lot of strategy. They really enjoy the RPG games too. The latest is Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion.

Sometimes my daughter and I do a bit of role-playing of our own. We bring in her pink and purple 'My Little Ponies" and gallop them round the WarHammer table asking if anyone wants a ride 'Big Fella'. For some reason, the guys do not seem to be terribly amused by this.

I agree with the others that simply saying roleplay does not clarify the topic.

1) Tabletop RPG: D&D is the most known example. Yes.

2) Strategic RPG: Used to be called wargaming. Truthfully, not roleplay since so true identity is assumed, but D&D and other roleplaying games did come from wargaming, so there is an association. Not actively.

3) Computer: This is considered roleplay because one does assume an identify. Sometimes (need a new computer to play Oblivion).

4) Live Action: also called LARPs. No.

5) Psycological: Roleplay is a tool in some serious endeavors to examine and teach behaviors. No.

Back