• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

RP are you there?

stigmaticman

Role Play:

The stranger steps up to the bar. "I'll have a bear" he says. The tender gives him a beer. The stranger says " I like 'em fresh., keep 'em coming."

enters: you

You look at the person standing at the bar and think, "Hmmmm, I wonder what he's like? He seems to be drinking fairly quickly."

"I'm Poppy, it's hot outside so I came inside for a drink, don't like beer though. What are you up to?"

(Am I getting my characters a bit mixed up here Stig? - I'm new at this ya know)

"My name is Stiggy! I'm on a mission to stop the Riggerwalds. wanna come with. Wanna help? We are gonna help. I'm gonna try my best wanna help?" Poppy says yes. They leave together. They shop for what they want then head out.

" Where ya takin' me Stig, where are these Riggerwalds hanging out?" Poppy always asks lots of questions. "And can I start eating the jaffas?" (my favourite lollies). Stigs pretty nice and lets her have some jaffas. They set off.

"The Riggerwalds," says Stiggy "are magician squirrels who have been attacking everyone who ventures out in the woods!"
Stiggy takes a cigarette out of his pocket, a pre-lit cigarette. "Want one Poppy?"

"Nah, gave up years ago, Stig, thanks all the same. How come you didn't burn a hole in your pocket? Are you magic or something? How are we going to protect ourselves from the Riggerwalds, Stig, how, Stig how?" Poppy's still asking lots of questions. Any minute now, Stig is going to tell her to shut up.

But something else does that for him.
From Stig's pocket, a little voice protrudes. "Hey, you! Shut up with ya questions! My name's Tommy!"
Poppy looks amazed, stupid and scared at the same time. She realises that the cigarette was in the same pocket as this "Tommy" thing or whatever...

"I'm not even going to ask what you're doing in there!" says Poppy. "What are ya? A Leprechaun?"
"Are you coming with us to help fight the Riggerwalds, or are you just some sort of glorified cigarette-lighting device?"
"Stiggy, I reckon we should wear an invisibility cape, can mine be a ruby colour, please, please, please?"
Stig rolls his eyes and mutters under his breath.
"If we don't set out soon, it's going to get dark and that's when the dreaded Nurgles start prowling," he says.

Suddenly, Stiggy crushes the thingy - or Tommy - in his pocket with a snarl.
"This is why we are going to destory the Riggerwalds," he says. "It's like a disease. If somebody with the 'Riggerwald Symptom' - or 'RS' - touches you, then you get it..."
Poppy looks at Stiggy strangely. "What are you talking about?" she shrieks. "What is RS?"
"If you have RS, then Riggerwalds - the squirrels - flee from their caves, invisible, and jump people's pockets. They disguise themselves with invisibility a lot of the time and occasionally hide under the name 'Tommy'." Poppy starts to nod excitedly. "When they are in your pocket, they breathe fire, and try to -"
"Aha ... I get it ..."
"... Yes ... We are going to go to the Riggerwald cave and destroy the magician that it casting the Riggerwalds."

"OK," says Poppy, doing a twirl in her new invisibility cape. " But don't you think it's getting kinda late? Shouldn't we be fixing to make camp for the night? If we mossie on over and get a camp-fire going, I'll fix us up a mess of bacon and some beans." (in my best American accent).
Stig tells Poppy to quit the silly accent, he can't understand a word she's saying.

Poppy laughs and slaps his arm. "Honestly," she says, "if we can't have a camp fire, at least let me go back and have a shower so I can wash my hair. And let me change my clothes because all of this green totally isn't going with my red boots!"
Stiggy is losing his cool.
He might just turn into one of the Nurgles he was talking about. He hasn't told her about his other 'Symptom' yet ...

"well Poppy, I'm pretty tired and I don't feel like eating." Stiggy gives her the cold shoulder. "We can share the same sleeping bag if you like." he says to her.
Poppy says "No, I dont want to catch what you got!"
They settle in for the night. The next morning Poppy wakes first and goes out to relieve herself. Stiggy wakes and doesn't see her. He yells "Poppy! Poppy!" He thinks she left him.

Suddenly he hears a faint voice, "Help,Help!"
Poppy, whilst staring enraptured at the surrounding scenery, has fallen down a Nurgle hole. Fortunately, Nurgles sleep very soundly during the day, only awakening at night. Poppy falling on them and cushioning her fall, doesn't seem to disturb them at all.
Stig manages to haul her out of the hole with a tree vine.
He then proceeds to give her a lecture on not wandering off without telling anyone and the dangers of the big wide world.

He also gives her a lot of information on Nurgles --- a lot --- just encase she ever came across another one. But the amount of info he gives her is rather suspicious, as if he were one himself.
"Stiggy, I want to go and do the Riggerwald quest now coz I'm boooooooored!"
Stiggy gives her a shifty look, and suddenly loses it.
"If you don't shut up I'm going to touch you."

"Ooooooo, I'm soooooo scared, NOT!!!" says Poppy. " You are not a Nurgle, I know it, you know it, it's just that Tommy putting ideas in your head. Better check your pockets for any more."
Suddenly, above them they see floating a strange blue orb. It appears an armidillo-hamster has been sucked in from a parallel warp and it brings information from the north about the Riggerwalds.

The hamster opens its mouth. "I have recieved information," it says, "that you are trying to destroy the Riggerwald Magician." Stiggy raises his eyebrows. "The magician wishes to send you a message." Suddenly, the blue orb disappears and the hamster drops to the floor. It shakes itself and continues. "He said that only you would know what this means. He says: 'Behind thy innocence lies that of which we have spoke.Therefore, I can gain control over thee...'" Stiggy groans. "Hang on, the message still isn't over! He says, 'Use thy hidden qualities to destroy for that of which we both desire.' That's it."
Poppy giggles and starts up with her questions.

"I was attacked by the riggerwalds by the river, that's where I picked up Tommy. I believe their stronghold is around there. All we need to do is take out their leader, who holds the Starlight Hex. He has damned them by forging an alliance with Baal, the demon of darkness." says Stiggy. Poppy looks at him with her mouth gaping open. "So our plan is to take out this leader" says Poppy "to stop all this evil."
"yes" says Stig and smiles "why? are you willing?"

"Shure," says Poppy (she's a bit lax in her spelling). " How we gunna do it Stiggy, how? Can I wear my invisibility cape?"

Back