• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Ryan Adams does not negotiate with terrorists

sparkchaser

Administrator and Stuntman
Staff member
Sean Hannity Attacks Ryan Adams' 'Liberal Twitter Tirade'

Last night, Ryan Adams found himself the involuntary topic of Fox News’ Hannity after he got into a Twitter spat with the show’s eponymous host, Sean Hannity.

After Hannity tweeted about the lack of role models in society, citing public figures like embattled politician Anthony Weiner and A-Rod, Adams replied, “Your entire soul is controlled by fear and hate. Evolve little chicken man. See reality.” (It’s unclear whether the tweet was in direct response to Hannity’s comment. The 140-character message in question has not, however, been deleted, despite reports that it had been yanked.)

When Hannity suggested that the singer-songwriter explain himself in person, Adams responded, “Thanks for inviting me on your show. If I wanted to be yelled at I would go see a Youth of Today reunion show.” Hannity taunted Adams to come on his show yet again, and Adams shot back, “I don’t negotiate with terrorists." Hannity seized the opportunity to flip the tables, arguing, “Who’s the little chicken man now? A terrorist? Typical liberal all name calling no substance.”

Not to be outdone, Hannity dedicated a segment of his show to Adams’ “liberal Twitter tirade,” even though “you probably don’t know him, he’s not that popular.” He hosted a roundtable that included Miss Oklahoma Anna-Marie Costello and Fox News contributor Tamara Holder. “He’s hiding behind his little rock-star makeup like the little gutless coward that he is,” Hannity said. “I think you’re just insulted you don’t have a rock star on your program,” Holder pointed out, adding, “It’s not a big deal, Sean.”

When the disorganized discussion failed to arrive at a conclusion about musicians, role models and celebrity integrity on Twitter, Hannity closed things with, “Most people don’t even know who he is, so forget it. Let me move on.”

:rofl

well not knowing any of the people involved or the show I can't really comment about who, what or why, but I can't help feeling some agreement with the initial statement that there are a lack of good role models. Celebrities have, on the whole, not been good role models for many years, seems like every time you turn around there is some scandal or the other and ditto for politicians. As a society we don't seem to laud decency much any more and the rare occasions when it is there, some one is always looking for the cracks, and finding them whether they exist or not. It's a shame really because one gets the impression the world is in need of some kind of leadership of the good kind.

Hannity is just a big embarrassment. He's part of the reason the far right has fallen so far out of touch with normal people. I tune in every now and then just for entertainment. I wonder if he knows people are laughing at him? Or if he cares? I watched Glenn Beck become more and more measurably outrageous as he realized that it was making him rich.

yeah well unfortunately by tuning in, even to mock, you are adding to the ratings = money in his pocket. Best response is not to watch all. Hit 'em where it hurts - in the wallet.

How do they know you are listening unless you tell someone or buy the products he is hawking?

you know, I honestly don't know. I know they do give people special thingies to get those Nielson ratings (and pay them for it too) that records what they are watching but I don't know if that is the only way they collect data.

Given the choice of meeting Ryan Adams or Jeff Tweedy, I think Ryan Adams would be more fun to hang out with.

Back