• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

scary or disturbing book?

KristoCat said:
Read anything by H.P. Lovecraft. That stuff will screw you right up.

I was trying to think of who wrote the story, "Pigeons from Hell." I think it was H.P. Lovecraft. I read it when I was 12, and you're definitely right.

Aside from that, anything by Stephen King disturbs me. He's got a truly sick mind.

I've never read "A Clockwork Orange" or "One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest" but I heard they're suppose to be disturbing.

Sofia, did you get to the infamous part with the rat and fancy cheese? Do you have any recommendations of books about serial killers that aren't as nasty?

Sofia said:
American Psycho...only book I never finished....just nasty!

I thought it was one of the funniest books I've ever read. Film's funny too, but people don't seem to see that side of it.

CDA said:
I thought it was one of the funniest books I've ever read. Film's funny too, but people don't seem to see that side of it.

Too true. It's a hilarious book/movie! Have you read/watched 'The Rules Of Attraction'? It/They works/work too. EVEN with bloody Dawson Creeks in the lead role of the movie!

Never seen/read it, no. It's on my tbr list though. Along with a few hundred other books...

Wolhay, it was quite awhile ago that I read it, but I do recall something about a rat....ugh....and,um, no, I can't think of any books about serial killers off the top of my head, but I'll keep you in mind if I think of any! (wonders if I should worry a little about that...lol ) :D

Back