• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Sci-Fi Adventure / Space Opera

Paul the Human

Very soon I am going to need a new book (or series) to read and I am hoping for a good old fashioned, rip-roarin', swashbucklin', Sci-Fi adventure/Space Opera. My favorites of that genre have been the Deathstalker Series by Simon R. Green and the Tour of the Merrimack Series by R.M. Meluch.

If I could get some recommendations along those lines, I would be forever in your debt. Okay, maybe not "forever", but temporarily in your debt. Okay, maybe not "in your debt", but I would would certainly be grateful. Okay, maybe not "grateful", but I would probably say thanks!

If I could get some recommendations along those lines, I would be forever in your debt. Okay, maybe not "forever", but temporarily in your debt. Okay, maybe not "in your debt", but I would would certainly be grateful. Okay, maybe not "grateful", but I would probably say thanks!

:rofl:

Sneezy might be able to recommend a few things. The only "space opera" I have read "recently" was some Warhammer 40k stuff and they were fine for what they were.

Thanks, sparkchaser. I'm not a big fan of game related fiction for the most part, but I have been tempted to check those out in the past. Maybe I'll give them a shot if I can't find anything else. Who knows, I might be pleasantly surprised.

The Tales of the Ketty Jay series by Chris Wooding is a lot of fun and sounds like what you're looking for.

Back