• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Sci-fi series

igbomb

I have a very vague memory of a series of books I read a looong time ago that centered around a group of like 8-9 brothers and sisters that each ruled over a planet/country, and I guess their father died or something and they were all to jockey for interplanetary domination. That may not even be accurate, and it's ALL I can recall, not even an author, character names, nothing. I remember I really liked the books, though, and wanted to see if I could find them for a younger kid who's into these kind of novels now...

Does this even sound remotely familiar to anyone? I bet if I saw titles, character names, story lines, etc.. I would know it, but damned if I can think of it now. Sorry I couldn't give you guys less to work with....

Sounds vaguely like the Amber series by Roger Zelazny..more like dimensional domination since Amber is the True world and all others, including ours, are mere shadows of Amber. The Nine Princes of Amber is the first in the series, and the heirs use special trump cards to jump from one place and time to another.

Due to the rapid response, I have a couple more requests. These are from a football message board I frequent.

"While we're on this subject, does anybody remember a series of books about a human that ended up in a robotic body, along with a bunch of other (aliens) as well? They all had numbers for names (like THX1138 - and I know that's not one of them). It was just good old trashy sci-fi at its best, but it was all I had growing up in a small town. I can't figure out how to Google them these days."

and

"Anyone remember a trilogy of books about some big green three legged aliens that land on earth and enslave the people by attaching a metal mesh skull cap on everyone? The lived in three domed cities because the atmosphere was poisonous to them. There was a resistance group that eventually infiltrated the cities and took them out."

igbomb said:
"Anyone remember a trilogy of books about some big green three legged aliens that land on earth and enslave the people by attaching a metal mesh skull cap on everyone?...
This is the most asked about series on this Book Search forum. :)
The Tripod series by John Christopher - The White Mountains, The City of Gold and Lead, The Pool of Fire, and a prequel When the Tripods Came

Back