• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Searches

joderu95

Why is it when I search for a thread topic I almost never get any useful results? Maybe I'm doing something wrong but it would be helpful to know a more efficient way of using the search feature so duplicate threads can be avoided.

I typed in the exact name of a thread I was reading in the search box and searched within that forum section and I still got "no results." Why is that?

I usually don't have a problem with searches.

I don't do tag searches unless I know for sure the thread I am looking for has that tag.

I use advanced search and search entire threads and have the results come back as posts or threads, depending on what I am looking for.

Can you provide examples of failed searches?

Here is what happened.

I was searching for S.M. Stirling: Conquistador and when I typed it out just as I have here it did not work. Nor did it work when I changed the search parameter to "search titles only." It did work when I searched "Stirling" only even though my earlier search matched exactly a thread that already existed.

For some reason, the search doesn't like punctuation. I did the search without the periods and colon and found the thread.

Back