• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

searching .............

bettyh

Can anyone recommend cookbooks for men. I am trying to find the same in some sites. Thanks in advance.

What's the difference between a cookbook for men and a regular cookbook?

Also, if this is for a particular person, it's probably best to get a cookbook with the kind of food he'll like. For any beginning cook, The Joy of Cooking is great because it's full of methods and detailed instructions for simple things like roasting meat and has a ton of traditional recipes.

Novella's right, a basic book with good detail is your best bet. In addition to Joy of Cooking, I like The Betty Crocker Cookbook and The American Family Cookbook. I don't own the latter, but I keep eyeballing it at Borders. The pictures are great and for some of us, it is nice to have a clue what the food is supposed to look like. Alton Brown and Rachel Ray's books look good too. My personal favorite is The Best of Mennonite Fellowship Meals by Phyllis Pellman Good..but if your guy is totally inexperienced, it might not be the best choice, even though the recipes are easy to follow since the writer assumes the reader has basic cooking knowledge, such has how to brown hamburger..If grilling is an interest, I like all those books by Steven Raichlen. These are easy to follow instructions and loaded with great food. His BBQ USA is full of great recipes and food history from all over the US. Have fun choosing!

My son likes golf a lot I was searching for some golf books to gift him.Found a very interresting one on onthefly.com.They have a good collection.Chk it out.:)

The naked chef

What about the naked chef - I mean Jamie Oliver? Every of my male friends has it in his kitchen. Not necesseserely using it. But it is normally on a bookshelf :)

Back