• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Secret Garden

RainbowGurl

I like the film though I havn't read the book, that will have to be my next book to read :)

Does anyone else like the film? And is the book simmerler to the film?

I really loved the book, but I have not seen the movie. I remember reading this book, I was sick in bed, and I read it all in one go. Anyway, really enjoyed it a lot.

The book generally has more depth than any of the movies, it's a lot easier to capture the less pleasant emotions of a child in print than in a movie. It's a quick read, and a pleasant one.

This is one of the few books that I can say I loved. A light hearted book that at times could evoke a whole range of emotions. Beutifully written with the perfect themme. Atleast once a couple years I'll put it on my headboard beore 'going to sleep' and be done before I 'wake up'.

I really enjoyed this movie and the book, the movie was done really well, and the girl who played Mary was really amazing.

As film adaptations go I thought the movie was done well, of course I prefer the book.

Love the movie and the book. I think I saw the movie first...fell in love with it then read the book which is just as great if not better.

I've been thinking about which Secrect Garden adaptation we're talking about here - I saw one, but I suppose there must be more of them.

Anyway, the one I saw, made by Mrs. Holland, was more magical than the book. I had read the book long before watching the movie, and completely forgot about children's little rituals and spells. In the film, magic plays a bigger role.
For example, in the book Dick's mother "helps" magic significantly to bring Mr. Craven back home, if I remember rightly.

I haven't read the book yet, but I hate the movie growing up! Now that I'm older, it might be interesting to revisit. I'll add that to my To Read List.

I liked the book as a child, and loved (and still do to this day) the 1993 WB film starring Maggie Smith and Kate Maberly.

The film was stunning to watch, and it had a beautiful soundtrack as well.

Back