• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Series recommendations please

There is Colin Dexter novel at library I was going to pick up next time called The Remorseful something or other. Never read one of these books but had a dvd of Inspector Morse tv show was pretty good. I also enjoy Robicheaux series.

The Remorseful Day. I have this one on my shelf. Like all of Dexter's Chief Inspector Morse novels, you should find it very enjoyable.

Another very enjoyable series is Ian Rankin's novels featuring DI John Rebus. I think he's finished off the Rebus books but there is some speculation that he might start a new series featuring Rebus's partner - DS Siobhan Clarke. I'd love it if he did. In any case there are a number of Rebus books available and I can highly recommend them.

Also try Peter Robinson's Inspector Alan Banks series - well worth a read.

Here's my list of authors and their series main characters. Can't miss with any of these series and as always, if you can, start from the first book in the series:

James Lee Burke: Dave Robicheaux
Lee Child: Jack Reacher
Harlan Coben: Myron Bolitar
Jeffrey Deaver: Lincoln Rhyme
Jonathan Kellerman: Dr. Alex Delaware
Faye Kellerman: Peter Decker/Rina Lazarus
James Patterson: Alex Cross
Kathy Reichs: Temperance Brennan
Lisa Scottoline: Benny Rosato and her legal team
Stephen White: Dr. Alan Gregory

These are my favorte mystery series and the characters;

Colin Cotterill: Dr. Siri Paboun
Andrew Vachss: Burke
Bill Pronzini: Nameless Detective
Lawrence Block: Matt Scudder

Mosely

I'll toss a series into the mix. Walter Mosely's "Easy Rawlins" mystery series are some of the most interesting, well written out there.
His story "Devil in a Blue Dress" was made into a gem of a movie a while back.
They get better with each new story.

Do you like a hearltyy person who fakes emotions to get away wit things,and cleans himself up,AND is a forensics officer?Did I mention he is a serial killer(himself) who kills other serial killers?

If you like these things,Darkly Dreaming Dexter by Jeff Lindsay is for you.

I also second the Harry Bosch series(First book is The Black Echo).I say you should read the Sean Dillion series(First book is Eye of The Storm ),which is a terrorist thriller,good characters,fast paced,and extremely fun.

Authors of terrific series...

Henning mankell
barry maitland
p.d. James
elizabeth george
steig larsson
batya gur
linda fairstein

Back