• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Sherman Alexie

753C

I just finished "The Lone Ranger and Tanto Fist fight in Heaven". I think this is Alexie's first published work. I enjoyed it a great deal and was curious if anyone else had read this collection of short stories?

I've not read this one, only seen the film by the same name. I liked it. You might want to also read Alexie's Ten Little Indians. Another good read by a Native American writer is Medicine River by Thomas King. It was also made into a movie.

I just saw an interview with Sherman Alexie by Bill Moyer. On PBS (of course...). It was very good and I am now inspired to read some of Alexie's work. Has anyone read Blasphemy? It is his newest one, I believe. He seems to be an interesting man - an old soul, I'd say if I were into that sort of thing...
Sherman Alexie Blasphemy.jpg

No, but I have read the Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian, and judging from that, I'm sure he's got a lot of other interesting and humorous works!

These sound interesting *note to self to look them up*. It's always great when new members revive old threads and bring 'old' stuff back.

I read it in high school and remember enjoying it. I own a copy and have thought about picking it up time and again, but I always find myself choosing a new book I haven't gotten to over that one. I'll have to make a point to peruse it again. When I did read it in high school, my English teacher showed us the film 'Smoke Signals'. It is a movie based on the collection of short stories by Alexie. Thanks for the reminder about this book. I'm looking forward to getting back to it one day soon!

Back