• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

shoes or bare feet in your house?

Miss Shelf

I almost never wear shoes in the house, except when I go down in the basement, where there is a risk of stepping on spiders and other crawly things, and even then I put on flip-flops, not shoes. My best friend wears shoes in the house all the time, and I can't understand it. I wanna be comfortable!!

Do you wear shoes in your house, and why?

I love to go barefoot, but I wear shoes in the house for several reasons.
1. If I am barefoot, about mid-afternoon, my knees and back begin to ache. In shoes, they don't.
2. I do alot of sewing, and dropped pins are a b**** to step on barefoot. :eek:
3. It is a psychological trick I play on myself to get motivated to do my work. If I am barefoot, I am more likely to goof off and not get anything done, but if I am totally dressed, all the way down to my shoes, I am more likely to get to work.
4. I am very diligent about cleaning off my shoes when I come in from the outdoors.

My children are not allowed to wear shoes in the house, nor are they allowed in my sewing room. I wish I could get hubby to take his boots off when he comes in. :mad:

Ok i'll be different :) We always wear shoes, the main reason is that we have two large dogs. They often traipse mud through the house so I have to hoover every day and they also have a habit of standing on your feet and even though their claws are trimmed regularly they can still hurt - it is simply easier to keep ours on.

I wear shoes at all times. Unless I am in bed or having a shower or bath. Going barefoot is a bit, well, hippyish....

I dislike the shoe wearing thing immensely by the way ... keep meaning to invest in a good pair of slippers :)

Damn, that made me sound really, really old :D

Phil

slippers are for wusses! :D In winter I go as long as I can with just socks, but when it's 10 below (F), even I have to give in and clap a pair of them on.

Well, some of us might have to leave the house on very short notice ... the country too for that matter ;)

Phil

phil_t said:
Well, some of us might have to leave the house on very short notice ... the country too for that matter ;)

Phil

Some of us behave ourselves! and in that case, underwear is waaay more important than shoes! :D

no shoes in my house. but there's slippers which we need to wear in my grandpa's kitchen because the floors there are too oily and dirty.

Don't wear clothes much in the apartment, so no shoes either. In winter, sometimes wear fuzzy socks along with sweats.

I barely wear shoes outside, so uless it's super cold I go barefoot (and yes bare other things as well, clothes are a hassle) :)

It's always fun to see the look on a new visiters face when I open the door in the morning :D Between the amazon hair and lack of proper covering up :eek:

Ronny said:
It's always fun to see the look on a new visiters face when I open the door in the morning :D Between the amazon hair and lack of proper covering up :eek:

lets see...trip to washington state from delaware.....about 4 to 5 days of straight driving.....finding ronny's house....another few months at least....wonder if the wife will know I'm missing........

Back